🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contact sharing
Page options
antonynaude
Community Member

Contact sharing

Good day all,

I have been contacted by a prosepctive client for an interview but they want me to share contact details to setup appointment. I have declined to share contact details, and requested them to use the Upwork platform instead, however I see in Upwork’s User Agreement Section 7 and Terms of Use Section 4, under Exceptions, that I may do so only if they are are on the Upwork Business or Enterprise subscription plan, they are exempt from this rule.

My question now is how would I know if they are indeed on the Upwork Business or Enterprise subscription plan?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Anthony,

Client on a Business and Enterprise plan are permitted to request and share contact information and conduct interviews or pre-contract communications outside of Upwork’s platform. You can identify whether a client is Upwork Business or Enterprise by looking for the following symbol on the right column of the job post or in the search tile: 

Untitled

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Anthony,

Client on a Business and Enterprise plan are permitted to request and share contact information and conduct interviews or pre-contract communications outside of Upwork’s platform. You can identify whether a client is Upwork Business or Enterprise by looking for the following symbol on the right column of the job post or in the search tile: 

Untitled

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you, I didn't notice it as I actually received an invite via the Talent Group.

533a96b0
Community Member

Hello Joanne

I'm contacting you to clarify 1 thing.
If a client requests an email address to use slack as a communication tool after signing a contract, is it not a violation of the Upwork TOS to share the email address?

Thank you
Mana

yofazza
Community Member

I see you posted this on multiple threads where some of them got removed by the mods without them answering.

Why did you that when the answer you seek is clear in every post you replied to, even to me who is not an English speaker? 😁

I sensed you're too scared or looking too highly at Upwork. Don't do that 😁

533a96b0
Community Member

Hi Radia

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, it's very important that we follow Upwork's rules exactly, so I wanted to check with several community manager to make sure we're on the same result.

Thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members