🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CONTRACT SUSPENDED
Page options
h_parashar
Community Member

Contract On Hold

I am new to Upwork. Just two hours after I got offered this contract it's being put on hold.
I wanted to knw whether client has paused the contract or it's because clients account is suspended. I can see suspended written in contract page. Not sure if that means suspended client or suspended contract.

Thanks and Regards

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ronnie,

There are two reasons why your contract may be paused:

• Your client has decided to pause your Hourly Contract: If no work needs to be done at the moment, clients can temporarily and immediately pause a contract. This prevents hours from being logged on the contract, without the need to end it, until you are ready to proceed with the next part of the project. 
  • There is a problem with your client’s Upwork account: In this case, your contracts with them will be paused automatically and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns.

You can check out this help article to learn some tips on what you can do if your contract is paused.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

509 REPLIES 509
cevheribozoglan
Community Member

Hi,

I cant send messages to my client. 

Error message : serviceName: 'roomsDS', commandName: 'GetRoomStoriesSimplifiedHysCmd', error message: 'Room record not found by id: room_98b0b394243c1012fe2bb655ec3a2ee2'

Thanks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mehmet,

It looks like your contract with this client is paused and their account has been actioned. Please know that we're unable to share any specifics about this for privacy reasons. When a contract is paused by Upwork, we advise you to stop work immediately. We'll let you know when the contract is resumed if the client addresses the issue with their account.

~Andrea
Upwork
cevheribozoglan
Community Member

I completed that I got my second project but I can't get paid because my contract was suspended.

Can anyone help me.

I can't message to my client, because message page doesn't not work for my client.

Hi Mehmet Cevheri,

If a contract is on hold, it means that there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your clients' accounts due to privacy concerns.

It's recommended that you stop working on the contract immediately and get in touch with your client to see when you can resume working, once they've resolved the issue with their account. I'd like to reiterate any work completed up until the contract was paused is covered by Payment Protection. Feel free to check this help article to learn more. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay, Thanks for your response

But I have a problem, I completed this project, and My client's payment was verified, then I did not get paid. This is not a solution, can you help me, please? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

reena1972
Community Member

up work put my account on hold regarding(Need a teaching expert) 50$ per hour 40 hour in a week,up work held this account after 3 hours and didnot come back with the right answer,i need explanation?

Naureen

Hi Naureen,

If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account or billing method, we’ll pause your contract with them. While the contract is paused, you won’t be able to bill that client and should stop any work on the project until the contract is resumed. Since we can’t share the specifics regarding why the contract was paused, due to privacy concerns, please communicate with your client directly. Feel free to check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jlozanog
Community Member

It does not allow me to enter hours, there is a notification that my company is suspended. Why?
Thanks for support

Hi Jorge,

If a contract is on hold, it means that there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your clients' accounts due to privacy concerns. 

It's recommended that you stop working on the contract immediately and get in touch with your client to see when you can resume working, once they've resolved the issue with their account. Feel free to check this help article to learn more. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
3db72eb5
Community Member

Hello,

I have been hired by one client and she funded the amount in Escrow for the first milestone as well but I am getting this message from Upwork and she is not responding to my messages now. What should be the way forward for such cases?

3db72eb5_0-1661331457872.png

BR

Maaz Shahid

Maaz, 

Many reasons can be behind this issue, but in most of times it happens due to empty of your client's card.

Hi Maaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If a contract is on hold, it means that there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your clients' accounts due to privacy concerns. 

It's recommended that you stop working on the contract immediately and get in touch with your client to see when you can resume working, once they've resolved the issue with their account. Feel free to check this help article to learn more. 

~ AJ
Upwork
farooqumer48
Community Member

I worked with a client for 20 hours so now his job will be suspended so will I get paid amount or not?

Hi Umar,

This will depend on the client solving the issue with their account and whether or not you qualify for Payment Protection. Check out this help article for more information. 

~Andrea
Upwork
muhammad_shahid2
Community Member

I had a recent client for hourly project. His account is being shown suspended after two-three days of work. I have logged some tracked as well as manual time on it. I have two questions:

1. Will I bepaid for the manually added and tracked time hours ? Both of these hours have proper memos

2. What should I do with regards to this project ? The client is not responding to messages.

Thkans for your responses in advance

Hi Shahid,

Unfortunately, Manual Time is not covered by Hourly Protection. You can learn all about it here. We recommend you stop working until the client addresses the issue with their account and the contract is reactivated.

~Andrea
Upwork
a89953bd
Community Member

Me and my team worked for entire 1 day for this client. For me, I pay people working under me regularly each day. Now I get this message from Upwork that "upwork is investigating an issue. please do not resume work with this client".. I did not get any payment from this client yet. I completed 30% of the work and its a good amount. So I am afraid I will not get any payment at all and I have to pay maybe from my pocket?

Please clarify.

Client account issue. Stop working asap. Possible you can not be paid for this job. Time tracking app was used?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Santanu,

Any work completed during a contract pause is not covered by Upwork’s Payment Protection programs. If the contract is Hourly, don’t worry, hours that you billed prior to the contract being paused are still eligible for payment protection. Read more here.

~Andrea
Upwork
iqrabashir
Community Member

Hi, Upwork. My contract with the client has been suspended. Although I have received the payment and completed the required hours. I want to close the contract so the job is done and can be shown on my profile. Please let me know how to do it.

Hi Iqra,

You should be able to end the contract from the contract room here.

~Andrea
Upwork
fomarhassan97
Community Member

I am working on a contract right now and the contract is suspended. The client ask me to continue working on the project and I think he is doing this with other freelancers too. He is a fraud? could you check please. He threaten me with bad rating.

The client approved my hours and ask me to continue working until the problem of suspension get resolved can I check if he approved it for real?

Hi Omar,

If your contract is paused we advise you stop working on the contract immediately — Any work completed during a contract pause is not covered by Upwork’s Payment Protection programs. Learn more here.

~Andrea
Upwork
fe6f57c6
Community Member

Hello there I'm Zeeshan 

I was working on Fixed contract from last week with a 1 month duration but as soon as I completed my work Client Ended the contract without paying a single penny what can I do ?

Another one was I completed his contract but it is saying Account paused by Upwork and client refuse to pay me anymore I've. Attached both contracts down blow can someone tell me what can I do  

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Zeeshan,

I have checked the contracts you're referring to. For the contract that ended today, the client has approved the work you submitted last 27- August and it's currently on a security period. You can validate this by checking your Transaction History page.

For the contract that's been placed on hold, it means that there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your clients' accounts due to privacy concerns. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
fe57d6c7
Community Member

Hello Arjay, 

I have a problem. My contract was placed on hold today. I worked 16hours on the contract last week and I am supposed receive payment today but I got a message that my contract is on hold. All of the hours I worked were tracked. And I have sufficient activity levels. However, I didn't input a memo in the work diary. Please, I want to confirm If my work is covered by Upwork' hourly payment protection and when I will get payment. Thank you

Hi Similoluwa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Hours logged with missing memos or inadequately described memos will not be covered by payment protection if your client's payment fails. If the hours get reversed, you may ask your client to issue a bonus payment should they agree with the hours you logged. 

To know more about Hourly Protection, kindly check this article.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello AJ,

Thank you for the reply. I noticed that the payment for the contract moved from "in-review" to "pending". I want to confirm if that implies that payment has been made by my client. Also, I can't reach the client. She is not responding to my messages on Upwork. Is there any other way I can reach her? Thank you.

Hi Similoluwa,

No, that movement does not imply that payment was received, but that your client's review period has ended. What Annie originally described still stands. In addition, If you have no other way to contact your client, you can use the Get Support button (in the bottom-right corner of this page) to request our Customer Support team to reach out to the client on your behalf.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bilal1983
Community Member

Upwork Team, I received an email today informing me that one of my contract is temporarily put on hold  as there were possible issues noted.

I was hoping to get some more information on this, as I don't see what the issue could be.

Thank you.

bilal1983
Community Member

Upwork, I see my post has been moved to the relevant thread, but I have not received a response.

There has been no issues that I know of on my fixed-price contract. I have completed some milestones and was paid for them, and currently waiting for the client to assign more tasks (milestones)

Could you please advise what issues have been noticed?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bilal,

There are many possible reasons this could occur, however, we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. We suggest you stop working on the contract and communicate with your client directly to encourage them to resolve the issue with their account.

~Andrea
Upwork
1824c638
Community Member

Hello there

I've been working with one of my clients on an hourly basis for more than three weeks now, and I've always found him to be quite amiable. I don't know how the contract was suspended after I worked about 34 hours last week. I have not received payment for the previous week's wages. Is there a chance I'll get paid, or will they need to get in touch with the client to sort this out? What happens at that point if the client doesn't respond?

Hi Shahzad,

We highly suggest you continue communicating with the team through this support ticket that's been set up about your concern. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1824c638
Community Member

thanks for a wonderful advise!

7c000dfb
Community Member

I had a contact with my client. I completed the work and submitted to my client but about more than 3 months are gone, the client still has not marked my work completed. I asked him many time but he is ignoring me. Now, upwork has paused my that contract. 

So, I need guidance / solution to this. I am aso worried that if the client somehow marks my project completed, he may give me low rating because he is showing strange behaviour. Kindly reply me!

Hi Zohaib,

Also, please know that you as a freelancer can also end the contract if no further work is required. To end the contract, click the menu (...) option and select "End Contract."

~ AJ
Upwork
alal444
Community Member

Client  account has been suspended

My work was in progress and I have payment in review and work progress status! I've always used Time Tracker.

How do I get this payment  now?

Hi Alal,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
38db0c92
Community Member

My contract with my client got suspended today. I asked my client if he did anything about why our contract was suspended. I do manual time for 8 hours a day, every day, and I have a very long project this week, so I decided to put in all my hours today from the hours that I have not been able to put in since Monday. I need assistance, please.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members