🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Suspended
Page options
elanjyoung
Community Member

Contract Suspended

Hi, I know this question has been asked before, but I'm trying to sort out why my contract with a client has been suspended and when/if it will be lifted. The client is asking me to do additional work, and I just have to keep putting them off because of this. I don't know if there's something on my end or theirs. Then today they said that everything was squared away, which made me think it was cleared up on their end, but my contract is still showing suspended. It's really confusing not be able to know what's exactly going on, and I'm desperately trying to figure out how to correct it to no avail. 

Elan

91 REPLIES 91

Hi Mehedi,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
4ae92209
Community Member

My contract is also suspended can anyone help, there is no reason why from Upwork

Hi Trung,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like our team has already responded to you via a support ticket. Please feel free to update the ticket if you have further inquiries.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, My contract was suspended by Upwork. I am currently working with the client. What are the possible reasons why my contract was suspended? 

Hi Muhammad Hashir,

Arjay here stepping in for AJ. There are many possible reasons this could occur, though we cannot share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. For more information, please check this help article.

We also advise that you wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ahmadraaz
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team members! I have just got a notification of contract temporarily suspended, could you please help me to get it sorted. Thanks

Muhammad A.,

There is nothing for you to do when Upwork has suspended one of your client's accounts.

You could notify the client as a courtesy, assuring them you'll re-start work on the project as soon as Upwork tells you that you can work for the client again. (Ignore any assurances from the client that everything is fine so you should keep working.)

Until Upwork unsuspends the client, work on other projects or on finding other projects. The client's account may never be unsuspended and you don't want to wait around indefinitely to find out.

I'd close the project if the suspension lasts a month or more.

Thanks Will for replying! I definitely will do the same, as I will find more projects to work on, rather than waiting for getting client's account unsuspended. 

5f13d0b1
Community Member

Upwork is showing contract suspend , i am messaging to client but he is not replying , can i get issue solved,

Hi Komal,

I am sorry to hear about your contract. I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that the contract has been placed on hold due to some issue with the client's account. I am unable to discuss other users further in detail for confidentiality purposes. Please do not continue working on this contract and do not send any work product until the contract is active again. The contract will be automatically restored as soon as the client resolves the issue on their account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
c1b95b90
Community Member

I completed a project for a client and got paid. Then I was notified that she gave me a bonus, but I am unable to collect the bonus because now the contract has been "temporarily suspended" by Upwork. Maybe she didn't mean to give me a bonus and asked for it back. That's fine, I understand. But it's been a few weeks now and it's still the same. I don't have feedback from her yet. She hasn't answered my message. Do I end the contract or just keep waiting... and waiting... 

I tried to submit a ticket but the stupid chatbot keeps redirecting me to an existing open ticket, which has less than zero in common with this issue. 

Hi Kristy,

Thank you for your message. I looked into the job you are referring to and I can confirm that the bonus issued to you is already available on your Upwork account now. We recommend you reach out to your client before you end the contract. If the client continues to remain unresponsive, you can decide if you would like to end the contract or leave it open and allow the client to respond to your messages.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members