🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I did not get all my connects back after clie...
Page options
mmaazkhan
Community Member

I did not get all my connects back after client closed the job

Hello there, yesterday I applied for a job and used one boosted connect. After the closure of the job post, I only received one boosted connect back. Will I not get the connects back that I used for the job post, except for the boosted connect?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Muhammad,

This is correct. When you are outbid and your Boosted Proposal didn’t lead to an eligible interaction, we’ll only charge you the standard number of Connects required to submit a proposal. If it led to an eligible interaction with the client while you were boosted, you will be charged the exact number of Connects you bid when the eligible interaction happens. You can check this article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LuiggiR

Hi Muhammad,

This is correct. When you are outbid and your Boosted Proposal didn’t lead to an eligible interaction, we’ll only charge you the standard number of Connects required to submit a proposal. If it led to an eligible interaction with the client while you were boosted, you will be charged the exact number of Connects you bid when the eligible interaction happens. You can check this article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Yes, I understand it but will I not get back all my standard number of connects for the proposal if the job is closed? 

No, Muhammad. Connects are only returned if a job post gets removed from the platform for a Terms of Service violation or if the client cancels a project before a contract is made (This does not apply to expired job posts).

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Okay Thanks

88ff3e73
Community Member

Expired job posts means they are fake or client just posted the job for research , probabaly because they do not loose connects.But a job seeker has to pay (buy connects) to apply for such job posts.Isnt it unfair to charge connects(money) only for job seeker for such jobs  and take no actions to job posters who take no action on jobs.Are they intentionally posted to charge job seekers with some connects ? Else why upwork is only favouring job posters while job seekers are equally contributing ( or more due to connects buy) in upworks Income.My point is upwork should treat  job posters and job seekers equally in posting/applying for jobs.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members