🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract breach?
Page options
7fehrsatgmailcom
Community Member

Contract breach?

I have a client that with a contract.  I did some work and was looking for feedback, but they are unresponsive.  At what point do you submit the contract as complete?

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Why did you select "Contract breach" as the subject for this thread, when your question has nothing to do with contract breaches?

re: "I have a client that with a contract. I did some work and was looking for feedback, but they are unresponsive."

Clients are not required to be responsive.

Clients are not required to provide feedback

re: "At what point do you submit the contract as complete?"

You can do that whenever you want to.

Go ahead and do it now.
Or do it next week.

Or don't ever do it.

It's your choice.

If you need more guidance, here it is:
If you have not yet completed the work you were asked to do, then KEEP WORKING ON IT. It doesn't matter if the client responds to you.

If you HAVE completed the work that you were asked to do, then stop working. And send ONE (only one) message to the client, informing him that the work is done.

Then wait 4 weeks.

If you have not heard anything from the client after that time, then close the contract yourself.

What happens when there is no formal contract with the client but at the moment of receiving the service proposal the client says that he will pay you for the works that are published as a test (there is a verbal contract) and then he does not pay or want you sign the contract, can UpWork intervene?

Thanks

re: "What happens when there is no formal contract with the client but at the moment of receiving the service proposal the client says that he will pay you for the works that are published as a test (there is a verbal contract) and then he does not pay or want you sign the contract, can Upwork intervene?"

No.

Upwork will not intervene.

Here's a pro tip for freelancers:

No contract?

Don't work.

========

Question: On Upwork, are there verbal contracts?

Answer: No.

Santiago C wrote:

What happens when there is no formal contract with the client but at the moment of receiving the service proposal the client says that he will pay you for the works that are published as a test (there is a verbal contract) and then he does not pay or want you sign the contract, can UpWork intervene?

Thanks

What should happen is to walk away until the client creates a real contract. 

What will happen is that you will work for free. 

But what if I have a verbal agreement with the client?

Upwork doesn't care.

But what if we have a clear agreement in the Upwork Messages tool?

Upwork doesn't care.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members