🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract cancellation
Page options
finchcreatives
Community Member

Contract cancellation

I submitted a proposal for a logo design. The client hired me. It was a $5 job. I submitted the logos but the client did not like them and he is adding to his demands and now he has included extra work in it as well and he is saying that we have already discussed this extra work. The client did not discuss anything with me regarding it and kept on changing his requirements. Now the client is saying that we can cancel the agreement. I would like to ask how much will it affect my profile if the client cancels from his side. Please guide me a little bit on this. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Waseem K wrote:

Now the client is saying that we can cancel the agreement. I would like to ask how much will it affect my profile if the client cancels from his side. Please guide me a little bit on this. 

It's better for your metrics if you cancel the contract yourself and hope the client does not leave (private) poor feedback...

If the client cancels, they HAVE TO leave (private) feedback. If you cancel, the client can leave it, but doesn't have to, which would be preferable.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Waseem K wrote:

Now the client is saying that we can cancel the agreement. I would like to ask how much will it affect my profile if the client cancels from his side. Please guide me a little bit on this. 

It's better for your metrics if you cancel the contract yourself and hope the client does not leave (private) poor feedback...

If the client cancels, they HAVE TO leave (private) feedback. If you cancel, the client can leave it, but doesn't have to, which would be preferable.

finchcreatives
Community Member

Thank you the solution. Do i have the authority to leave the feedback for the client? 

If nothing is paid, you just get to leave the reason for cancelling and a 1 to 10 rating.

j_ajao
Community Member

Okay, So just to be clear. I can cancel a contract that I haven't gotten any payment from and It won't affect my profile or Show in my work history since there was no payment at all.

No, the client can leave private feedback, good or bad. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members