cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App

Highlighted
Amber D Member Since: Apr 1, 2020
411 of 766

I have this same issue. I'm trying to log in using my email and it is not loading.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
412 of 766

Hi Amber,

Could you please try unlinking your Google account as well and try logging in to Upwork Desktop App using your username and password? You can find the option to do so on your Settings page > Connected Services. Let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
AI A Member Since: Mar 17, 2018
413 of 766

For the past few days, I have been trying to login in my desktop app for windows but failing everytime. I should mention that I am using google sign in feature. After inputting all the correct credentials, at the last step, the page just keeps loading but signing in. Please help solving the problem. TIA.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
414 of 766

Hi Al,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please go to your Settings page > Connected Services and unlink your Google account? After that, try logging in to Upwork Desktop App using your username and password. Let us know if the problem persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
AI A Member Since: Mar 17, 2018
415 of 766

Hey Aleksandar D,

Thanks for the suggestion. I can log in using upwork credentials. But can you tell me why is google prompt not working?

TIA

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
416 of 766

Hi AI, 

I can confirm that there is a bug that is affecting this feature. Please know that the team is prioritizing this issue so that it can be resolved soon. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Thys V Member Since: Mar 5, 2020
417 of 766

Hi everybody!

I have installed the desktop app but, when i try to log in using my google account it keeps on redirecting. Is there someone that might have experienced a similar issue that might be able to assist?

Thank youSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
418 of 766

Hi Thys,

Could you please login to your Upwork account through a browser, and go the Connected Services page of your Settings page (Settings > Connected Services). If your Google account is connected, please try disconnecting your Google account from your Upwork account. Please try logging in your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and password to see if the issue persists. 

If your Google account is not connected to your Upwork account at all (as shown on your Connected Services page), this may be causing the issue. If this is the case, you can log in to your Upwork Desktop App with your username, and email address any time. 

Let us know if the issue persists after applying those.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Thys V Member Since: Mar 5, 2020
419 of 766

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for the solution. I disconected google by the connected services page and this resolved the redirecting issue on the desktop app.

Highlighted
Sreekar Reddy S Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
420 of 766

Hi

Thanks for the solution, I was facing the same issue lately and disconnected solved it.

Why just put it as a 1 click sign-in if it doesn't serve its purpose.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS