🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838

Artsiom V wrote:

Hi everyone,

I can't login with google account on Desktop app. 

Please help me how I can solve this problem.

Regards,

Artsiom

Opera Snapshot_2020-03-17_175724_community.upwork.com.png

Hi Antun, 

Thanks for your replay.

I already saw the blogs. They said: "I shared your issue with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further."

I hope you will contact your team so that a team member will be able to reach out to me to assist me.

Thank you, again.

Regardes,

Artsiom

Artsiom V wrote:

Hi Antun, 

Thanks for your replay.

I already saw the blogs. They said: "I shared your issue with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further."

I hope you will contact your team so that team member reach out to me to assist me.

Thank you, again.

Regardes,

Artsiom

Think you misunderstood my post.

Your issue happened to others and was addressed.

Click on this link:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Desktop-App-Google-Log-In-error/td-p/689233/page/27

edit:

Oooh, I missunderstood you. Apologies for that.

If they said: "I shared your issue with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.", than they will.

Hi Antun,

I'll wait for their his contact.

Thanks for your help!

Artsiom

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Artsiom,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
age401
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm trying to log in to the desktop app with Google Sign-in (Windows 64 version), and once I input my password, it goes to "One moment please..." and gets stuck there forever.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Diego,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you, now I'm able to log in. Obviously not through Google, but that's perfectly fine.

Thank you!

e05859ee
Community Member

I have the same problem. I'm trying to log in with google, because the app won't give me the option to log in with email (I use a gmail address). It lets me put in my email and password, then hangs.

I've tried logging in with my username rather than email, and I've tried rebooting. Neither have any effect.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicole and Kale,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Once you do this please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
811a1d55
Community Member

I am also having this error on my Macbook.

68fcb59e
Community Member

I open the app on my desktop, log-in through Google although when I click sign in I end up staring at a never ending loading screen. The app won't fully open, I've uninstalled and re-installed mulitiple times, cleared my cache, nothing seems to work. I would appreciate the assistance, thank you in advance.

Justin M wrote:

I open the app on my desktop, log-in through Google although when I click sign in I end up staring at a never ending loading screen. The app won't fully open, I've uninstalled and re-installed mulitiple times, cleared my cache, nothing seems to work. I would appreciate the assistance, thank you in advance.

After uninstalling the app; deleting UpWork folders from AppData\Local\ and only than installing the app worked for my "never ending loading screen" error.

Hi Justin,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
1d0273a3
Community Member

Hello. Please help. When I try to log in my desk top app. It just freezes to this. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacqueline,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Once you do this please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sofianss
Community Member

Hello this hasn’t helped although I did remove Google SSO. Can you please
assist? I’m unable to work and have two clients waiting, my rating will be
impacted due to this error!!!!!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sofian, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
adoy-imran
Community Member

I can't login my account with Upwork timer: http://prntscr.com/rj5bde

Now what do I do???

Are you using that Google authentication?

If yes : It happened to me and didn't work until i removed it from sittings

So the solution that worked for me was to remove it

If No : I'm sorry i can't help then

b222815b
Community Member

Hey to smbd from Upwork team!) My name is Dmytro.

I have a trouble - when i login in desktop version (windows) to my account with google something going wrong at the stage of redirection (endless loading) after entering password.

Can You help me?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmytro,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
f47c3a8c
Community Member

Tried on both my Mac and my Windows and for whatever reason, when I go to log in to track my hours, my machine just sits saying "connecting"..  so far we're at a number of hours on both devices. 

Any help would be appreciated!

8c72dcd1
Community Member

Hi, 

I really need some help, I downloaded the upwork desktop app for Mac and for some reason I cannot get it to work. The app downloads fine and once downloaded the login window pops up, but once I put in my credentials it opens up another window that says redirecting but never stops buffering. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but it still isn't working, how can I fix this?

I have attached pictures below for reference. 

Thanks! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sage,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
55da6ed3
Community Member

Hi, 

I am facing problem with desktop app, windows10 64-bit. downloaded and intalled yet cannot log in. Gives redirecting screen in continuois loop.

Thanks 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suba,

Please try to disable Google Sign-In under your Settings>Connected Services. Then please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
emmanuelechon
Community Member

Hi! Can anyone help me regarding my desktop app? I can't use it because it keeps on loading.

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please log in to your Upwork account through a browser, and go to Connected Services (Settings > Connected Services), and unlink your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in with your username, and password on the desktop app. Please let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank You so much for your help 🙂 I can use my desktop app now 🙂 Thank
You 🙂
dianneempeynado
Community Member

Hi I am having issues installing the desktop app tracker. Screenshot here: http://prntscr.com/rkuufm

I downloaded the Beta and the other version but no luck. Is this information helpful? http://prntscr.com/rkuvkm

Please help ASAP. Thanks.

Hi Dianne, 

Could you please confirm if you signed in with your Google credentials? Could you please try logging in to your Upwork account through a browser? Please go to your Settings page, and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account in the Connected Services page. Once done, please try logging in to your Desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8c72dcd1
Community Member

Hi, 

I am new to upwork and wrote on here the other day, however I never received a response. Either way, I have been trying to set up the desktop app on my computer so that I can start working, but have been unsuccessful in all my attempts. I have tried downloading the app and installing it, didn't work. Uninstalled it and redownloaded it and cleared my computer, restarted it, restarted my router etc and it still wont work. Can someone please advise me on what I can do to have it start working? I have also attached pictures below so you can see exactly what is happening when I try to log in. 

Thank you! 

Please Disregard this message, someone did respond and I wasn't emailed about it and couldn't figure out how to view my old post. One of the moderators commented on how to fix it, If you are also having this problem the solution is Go to setting > go to connected services and disable "  Sign into upwork with Google 1-click" once you do that if you close the redirecting window and try to sign in again it works. Thanks!! 

saqibkhan07
Community Member

Hi Team,

I have created Upwork profile with my gmail ID and later on I changed my email address from gmail to outlook.com.
I can receive notification and all other emails on outlook.com but for project tracking I have installed Desktop application. Now the problem is when I opened application it asks for Username/Email address when I put Username or Emails address it sayd this email address users google sign-in.
I choose continew with google and after that it's stuck on One moment please.

It's been 4th day I am trying to login. I waited for four hours but it's stuck. Today I have uninstalled that application reatart PC install it again but no luck. Can you please help me to fix it today.

Hi Saqib,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. After this try to log in to the Desktop app. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your swift response. I tried the same steps which you suggested and it fixed my issue. Thanks again

Cheers!

dganarim
Community Member

Below screenshot. "Please, wait" is infinity

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Once you do this please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
4e65eaf9
Community Member

upwork loading.PNG

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths