🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Did not receive Connects after interview
Page options
5341fc9e
Community Member

Did not receive Connects after interview

Hello Upwork team,

I have spent connects on job offers, only 3 customers have responded to me by message.
I still haven't had any refunds of connects and no connects have been rewarded. What should I do?

Thank you for your help,
Charvet

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Charvet,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

374 REPLIES 374
b3183d2f
Community Member

Hello  Marko.
Thank you for your reply!
They publish it because there are a lot of scammers on upwork.

Of course, the proposal goes to archive or other, or whatever, if the client doesn't hire. No one in freelancing gets any reward, including financial ones, when they fail.

b3183d2f
Community Member

Unfortunately, I did not see the eye icon in my suggestions.
How long do I have to wait to find out if the job will hang all the time and no one will return the spent connections?
How do I write to support?

No, if you fail, you don't get your connects returned. The client will let you know if you are hired. You can see if your proposal has been viewed, by going into My Stats, under "Find Work", and clicking on the profile view, which leads to the proposals views.

hello Jeanne
Where exactly does it say that connections are not returned if your offer does not win?

b3183d2f
Community Member

Will upwork support give me a clear answer about my connections and their return?

2496e9c4
Community Member

U shoud have connects

Mulualem Agimas
dff4ee8b
Community Member

Hi, My proposal got an interveiw last week but still did'nt receive connect reward

Hi Ataullah,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. 

For more information, please see this Product Update.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b3183d2f
Community Member

I still haven't been compensated for the cost of the connections I spent on the proposal. Although it is written in the upwork that if your offer does not win, you get your connections back.
Can you help me, because I don't know how to write to the support team. I can't write to them by email((

Hello Maksym,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you're confused about how Connects work, but I'll be happy to clarify. Connects you used to submit a proposal are only returned under the following conditions:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service.

You can visit this page to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b3183d2f
Community Member

Thank you for your response👋
That's why I think that you and Upwork should pay attention to such clients who give empty vacancies and people waste their connections.😠
I am very unhappy and would like to complain about such a client.
I want Upwork to track such clients more.

What should I do about it?😕

You’ll receive 50 free Connects within 48 hours when you create an Upwork profile for the first time

Details about connects are here

hiwiguta
Community Member

I had received an interview from a client but I didn't get connects and there was also another job posting I boosted and the job got cancelled but only the connect I used to boost my proposal was refunded to me. is this how it works?

Hi Hiwot,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Also, the Connects will be returned to you if the job post is closed by the client or removed by Upwork for a TOS violation. You can refer to this help page for more information.

- Pradeep

Upwork
883a1d26
Community Member

Hi. I applied for a job, was invited for an interview and eventually hired. It's been over 24 hours since the client paid for the first milestone, but I still haven't gotten the connects for the application. What should I do to get them back?

Why would you receive your connects back? It's an investment in finding jobs. You were hired, your investment paid off. You do not get your connects back, except under a Terms of Service violation or if the client closes the job. Freelancing means you invest without looking back.

In previous times, the connections always came back when I was called in for an interview

In very specific cases that Upwork can't divulge because half of the freelancers would cheat, connects are returned, but not routinely or most of the time. Times change. Too many freelancers were cheating, and it had to be stopped.

Too many connects for too many people have driven the quality into the ground in several areas.

Connects are a part of your investment. If you don't want to invest, your only option is employment.

And those connects where no one was hired and no one was called in for an interview at all? Is that an investment, too? Or do you not fight against unscrupulous customers?

It is an investment, whether you receive the job or not. Freelancing means you are self-employed, and responsible for all costs. You can freelance on your own, without a jobs platform, and you still have costs. In freelancing, you pay for everything, including when you fail to be hired.

Just because they don't hire you, or anyone, does not make the client unscrupulous. Some are, some aren't.

What I resent is this. It says in the rules that I will be rewarded with connects if I am called for an interview, but it didn't happen!

I suggest you read it again. It does not guarantee a return. There are requirements. It's crucial to read and understand the rules.

be676084
Community Member

Hello team,

Good morning!

Hope you are doing good.

I have concern regarding client sent proposal but what if I decline offer or that offer expire after given date.

Will I get back my deduct conect back or not in such scenerious?

Awaiting your valuable reply on this.

Thank you.

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your message. You are not charged Connects if the client invites you for an interview or sends an offer directly to you without you applying to their job. That said, you do not get Connects for these invitations or offers from the client. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

But as I could check at the time when I got invitation from client.

I got this message see in attach screenshot that "Your Boosted Profile received a billable click" and 8 connects got deduct.

So if decline this offer because client not responding so those 8 connects I should get back.

Hi Abhishek,

The Connects charged to you for boosting your profile are not tied to specific jobs you apply to. You can refer to my previous post for more information about how boosting your profile works. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b0890745
Community Member

Noted! Thank you for your email.
Alan Malatamban Alcuizar
ff8ddc31
Community Member

I have an inquiry about my connect balance. If I apply to a task that requires 10 connects and I am not chosen, will the 10 connects be returned to my account?

Hello Sarmad, there is no refund for the connects. As far as I understand. 

Thank you so much for your response, it is correct.

b336ac37
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

I have responded to an interview about 48 hours ago but yet didn't get 10 connects.
I still haven't had  any connects. What should I do?

Thank you for your help, 
Zayyar Minhtet

Hi Zay,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

Please visit this Product Update for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
b336ac37
Community Member

You’ll receive 50 free Connects within 48 hours when you create an Upwork profile for the first time

Details about connects are here

b3183d2f
Community Member

In short, I am very angry at this update and support.
You do nothing, you just figure out how to make money from a poor freelancer.
I'm tired of waiting for my connections to be returned for a fraudulent job. It's not my fault that you don't want to return the spent connections

003fa198
Community Member

I need my connects back from two jobs . One is closed no one was hire for that job 

and second one is the buyer has replied me then why am not refunded yet??

2fdc3edc
Community Member

I submitted 2 proposal and the client messaged me up but i wans't given free 10 connects each

Hi Jaiyeoba,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. 

For more information, please see this Product Update.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3eb4a567
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

I have been interviewed for 2 jobs but received connects for one only.

8a684d34
Community Member

what does that mean ?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members