🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dilemma when submitting a logo proposal (...
Page options
a99720de
Community Member

Dilemma when submitting a logo proposal (clients not responding anymore)

Working on the platform designing logos, a question has arisen, when one works on logo proposals. Usually I send the client several proposals that may later undergo minor adjustments or the selection is made to send the original. When I have my presentation ready, I do not send it by pressing the button that says "submit work for payment" because I consider that it is not finished yet, but it has happened to me that I send it and then the client does not give me a quick response, done some don't answer anymore, and the contract is open, the payment is not made...and the work is actually done (perhaps waiting for some changes or for the sending of the original, but the ideas were sent and can be copied and reproduced by other people without having made the payment) so that's where I wonder if when submitting the proposals I shouldn't send them via the "submit work for payment" button, only that I find it shocking to send them out there when the work is still It is in process🤔.

Is the only solution creating milestones? How much would you charge for the total work when you send the proposals? Most of my work is for projects but I don't create milestones, I sent the proposals and trusted the client until the final process...

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Vanina,

When working on Fixed Price contracts, you will need to make sure that you submit work using the 'submit work for payment'. Once you submit your work, your client has 14 days to review and either approve the milestone or ask for changes. If they approve, the funds in escrow will be released to you. If your client takes no action for 14 days, the funds are automatically released to you.

If the client has another project for you, then they'll need to fund and activate a milestone so that you can then start working on the task assigned to you. You can learn more about Fixed Price Protection here

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

This is working as designed. You submit for payment when sending the logo, the client has time to review or request changes. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members