🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do unclosed contracts affect yout profile?
Page options
innov8develop
Community Member

Do unclosed contracts affect yout profile?

I have a number of unclosed contracts, the projects have been completed successfully but the clients haven't closed the contract, is this affecting my profile?

Kind regards

Angela

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Angela E wrote:

I have a number of unclosed contracts, the projects have been completed successfully but the clients haven't closed the contract, is this affecting my profile?

It is not affecting your metrics, but you may want to encourage your clients to close them so you don't look too busy (if that is a concern) and if they do not after a while, you may want to close some yourself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Angela E wrote:

It is not affecting your metrics, but you may want to encourage your clients to close them so you don't look too busy (if that is a concern) and if they do not after a while, you may want to close some yourself.

Thank you Petra, great advice as usual Smiley Happy

2sdevelopment
Community Member

Hi.

I have a recent contract with a client, but he doesn't give me tasks. Do unclosed contacts affect my profile?
I'd like to proceed to work with this client.

Thanks.

Hi Roman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Keeping contracts with no recent activity open will not affect your score negatively. If you have contracts that are still open but no further work needs to be done, you can still consider asking your clients to close them or go ahead and close them yourself. Please, note that when you close a contract, the client is notified and will have 14 days to provide their feedback on the contract. If no feedback is provided on the contract by them, it will not have an impact on your score.

If you still want to work with the client, you may ask them if they have further tasks for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members