🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does Upwork ask for tax information and previ...
Page options
williambmorriss
Community Member

Does Upwork ask for tax information and previous client invoices to work with Enterprise clients?

Does Upwork ask for tax information and previous client invoices to work with Enterprise clients?

I've had a person claiming to be from Upwork contact me in the Upwork messager and via email. I made a proposal to an enterprise client for a project and now this person from Upwork seems to want to vet me before we can proceed. The problem is they are asking for very sensitive information. I don't feel at all comfortable turning this over even if they are Upwork. 

Has anyone ever had Upwork operate as the middle man in a client engagement and ask for tax information, previous invoices, etc.? This seems extremely sketchy. 

The name of the person of Upwork Messengar just says: "Classification Manager"

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Will,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I can confirm that the message is legitimate. While I understand sharing these details makes you uncomfortable, this information is required in order to start an Enterprise contract. You can learn more about working with Enterprise Clients in this help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members