🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does blocking a person, block them from sendi...
Page options
kelly_e
Community Member

Does blocking a person, block them from sending you job invites?

Hi all,

There is an employer who has been sending me job invites for several months. The first time, I thought it was a peculiar job, but I responded with my proposal and had some conversation following that... only to get a notice that the job had been taken down for violating Upwork's TOS.

Since then, this same person has put the SAME job back up, then idiotically invited me again, over and over... maybe six or more times? The first time he re-invited me, I responded and said, Hey, remember me, I already know this is against TOS so no thanks...

Then I reported the job.

The remaining times I've just reported the job right away (always with a note to UW: if this person is a serial offender, and even brags in the listing about how many suckers/ employees he's attracting with this UW listing, why can't he be banned from the site?), and not responded to the invite at all.

Sure, I'm annoyed that he apparently has no idea he's hitting up the same person over and over, but mostly I'm heartbroken at thinking of how many other people are falling for this employer before each listing slooooowly gets taken down, and I'd really like not to see the job listings anymore so I don't have to think about it (it's not closely enough related to what I do for a living that it would ever be in my feed).

Since the job-lister and I have spoken, I believe I can block the individual. Would that stop him from inviting me to this job every time he re-lists it?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked and it looks like the job posts were already taken down. Yes, you may block a client in order for you to not receive any invites from them moving forward. Please let us know if you need further assistance regarding this. We'll be more than happy to help!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked and it looks like the job posts were already taken down. Yes, you may block a client in order for you to not receive any invites from them moving forward. Please let us know if you need further assistance regarding this. We'll be more than happy to help!

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members