🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does ending a contract after submitting work ...
Page options
davgav
Community Member

Does ending a contract after submitting work as a freelancer negatively impact me?

Hello fellow freelancers, I'm hoping you can clear this up for me. I have several contracts both hourly and fixed that have been completed (I've submitted work, client is happy, etc) but the clients still haven't ended the contracts. I want to "spring clean" all these jobs so I can get some feedback or atleast clear these from my jobs. I checked the forum and there seems to be some differing opinions on whether or not a freelancer ending a contract effects your Job Score / Success. I have btw messaged clients asking for them to end contracts and they can easily reach out to me in the future to no avail. I also have 2 clients that hired me and literallly just stopped communicating even after several follow ups. Your help and expertise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and I hope everyone is having an awesome day!!!

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

We recommend the freelancer to let the client close the contract because in this case the client will be prompted to provide feedback for sure. If the client doesn't reply to the requests to close the contract, the freelancer can close it. That in itself will not affect Job Success Score negatively, especially if the client still provides feedback during 14-days period.

However, a pattern of contracts with no feedback can affect the Job Success Score negatively. So you may want to build your communication and relationships with clients in a way that you don't need to close the contracts yourself all the time.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members