🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ending inactive contract
Page options
momirp
Community Member

Ending inactive contract

Hello everyone.
I have an open contract that is inactive for 3 months. The client requested 2 logos and when I delivered she didn't like them and then she disappeared from Upwork. I received a mail from Upwork 6 days ago that they contacted her but she is still inactive. So, I would like to end that contract because of client inactivity. There weren't any payments before and right now there is a 150$ in escrow on our contract but I would refund that and end our contract.

My question is if I end our contract now will it affect my JSS score? Also, will the client be able to leave feedback and reviews on that contract? I would really like to end that contract but with no ability to leave reviews or feedback on both sides.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Momir P wrote:

My question is if I end our contract now will it affect my JSS score?

Only if the client leaves poor private feedback

Momir P wrote:

Also, will the client be able to leave feedback and reviews on that contract?

If nothing was paid, the client can't leave public feedback, but she can leave private feedback.

Momir P wrote:

I would really like to end that contract but with no ability to leave reviews or feedback on both sides.

Unfortunately, that's not the way it works, but as the client has been so unresponsive so far, there is a decent chance they won't bother to come back and leave feedback.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Momir P wrote:

My question is if I end our contract now will it affect my JSS score?

Only if the client leaves poor private feedback

Momir P wrote:

Also, will the client be able to leave feedback and reviews on that contract?

If nothing was paid, the client can't leave public feedback, but she can leave private feedback.

Momir P wrote:

I would really like to end that contract but with no ability to leave reviews or feedback on both sides.

Unfortunately, that's not the way it works, but as the client has been so unresponsive so far, there is a decent chance they won't bother to come back and leave feedback.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members