🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Escrow money is not appearing in my account.
Page options
bhatt_ruchi
Community Member

Escrow money is not appearing in my account.

Hello , 

I had worked with my client and was being paid for my work. We concluded on the messages that work is over and my client will reach out to me when it is required. The amount that was paid to me was about $80. Since this was less than $100 escrow money, hence I couldn't transfer it to my bank account. I thought its going to be safe in my Upwork Profile. After a couple of months, I received a request for a refund from the same client. As this email went to non-focused emails, I couldn't check the message on time. It has a 7 days dispute time. This is last year's story and then I got busy with other family chores. Last week, I logged into my account where I found the account balance as $0.02. I touch-based with the client for the same, and he is also equally surprised. Can anyone help me what should I do in this scenario? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ruchi B wrote:

I appreciate that you took your time out and addressed my concern. However, as per the 180 rule when the money was returned back to the client due to any reasons, I should have been intimated too via an email. My email was always registered with Upwork. Let the moderators decide what exactly happened, and once again thanks. 

Regards

Ruchi

But you got the important bit of what Petra was telling you, right? In the future, you do not have to wait until you have $100 to withdraw funds. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
dataextract
Community Member

I am wondering where from that $0.02 balance came to your account?!

Thanks for your concern. I also do not know and I found this is the best way I can seek my answers. 

JoanneP

Hi Ruchi,

I checked your account, and I was able to locate the contract you're referring to. I can see that the refund request has been approved. Any funds that were left in Escrow, should have been refunded back to your client. This was returned back to the original payment method that was used. If you'd like to review the transactions on your account, you may adjust the statement period to view your previous transactions. Please let us know if you have further questions. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Can you please confirm why it will send back to the client?I didn't check that email on time hence was unable to dispute it.  It was money earned by me for the project that was approved. Why the client will ask for a refund. Can you please advise?

Hi Ruchi,

Thanks for following up. As you didn't respond to the escrow refund request within seven days, the funds from the escrow were refunded back to your client. Additionally, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can you please tell where will I see this support ticket. My question remains the same .

Hi Rucha,

You can access your ticket on this link.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Ruchi B wrote:

hence I couldn't transfer it to my bank account.?

You could have withdrawn it manually at any time. The $ 100 minimum is only for automatic withdrawals

Thanks for your reply. But, I always submitted my work by using the button that you mentioned. We have all
Communication details in my messages too . I think that’s not an issue.

Ruchi, you don't have to have $ 100 to withdraw your money, you can withdraw manually at any time at all.

But funds can only sit on your Upwork account for a maximum of 180 days, then they are either automatically withdrawn to your withdrawal method on file

As your contract started in December, some of the funds in your Upwork account have become 180 days old, so if you have an active withdrawal method on file, they were withdrawn to that. If you do not have an active withdrawal method on file, the funds were returned to the client because Upwork can not hold your money longer than 180 days.

Mods, can you check if her available balance was auto-withdrawn or returned to the client because of the 180 rule. This is not a matter of an escrow return (or not purely, the escrow return happened in May) as she would have had funds in her available balance since December, so now would be when the entire balance would be auto-dispersed or sent back to the client if there is no active withdrawal method on file.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra,

Thanks for the message. I'd like to confirm that Aleksandar already investigated and ensured Ruchi receives correct information and assistance. As you know we can't share any specific details but rest assured we identified the contributing factor and already took appropriate action. Thanks for making sure fellow users receive the necessary info and help!

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I appreciate that you took your time out and addressed my concern. However, as per the 180 rule when the money was returned back to the client due to any reasons, I should have been intimated too via an email. My email was always registered with Upwork. Let the moderators decide what exactly happened, and once again thanks. 

Regards

Ruchi

Ruchi B wrote:

Regards

Ruchi

But you got the important bit of what Petra was telling you, right? In the future, you do not have to wait until you have $100 to withdraw funds. 

Oh Absolutely!! Thanks for all your support!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members