Community Member

Feedback from experienced Upword freelancers

Solved
7 REPLIES 7
jr-translation
Community Member

Maria Belen C wrote:

Hi,

I'm not new to Upwork (2 years already using the platform), but  I'm not getting many jobs/interviews.

Could you, please, help me by reviewing my profile and giving me some advice?

I know my niche is filled with lots of freelancers.

Thanks!

Did you disclose confidential information?

Solved

Did you ask her before putting the work in your portfolio? Typically, professional ethics dictate you have the client's permission to do so, even if you redact names and information.

Additionally, NDA or not, sharing client information is not very ethical or professional. Most clients expect that you will not discuss their projects, content, or data with others. Even without an NDA, it brings into question your trustworthiness. I'd reconsider whatever it is you're doing in that regard and adjust.

Maria Belen C wrote:
Not at all. We did not have a NDA, she never said the info was confidential, I only include my work in the portfolio (without names or any personal info, of course), and Upwork is already aware of it

My problem does not have anything to do with it. Actually, I did not see her review until today

If the client paid you for the work, the client owns every single word and the copyright. You cannot add something to your portfolio, you do not own unless the clients explicitly give you permission which they can revoke at any time.

Read the ToS.

Maria Belen C wrote:
Not at all. We did not have a NDA, she never said the info was confidential.

ANY information you get to know in the course of an Upwork contract is confidential. 

Maria Belen C wrote:
 I only include my work in the portfolio 

You are not allowed to use any work you were paid for on Upwork in your portfolio or anywhere else without the client's permission. 

kashafshamim
Community Member

Hi Maria, 

Few things you need to do:

• Refresh your Upwork feed or reinstall it (if this is happening on phone), or see if there's an update.
  • Check your emails, in case of any violation, or suspension, Upwork might have sent you to notice or something and if there's nothing then this is surely a bug. 
  • Contact Upwork CS immediately, they will review it.
  • It happens, maybe in your field, you have a lot of freelancers but it's not necessary that they might be getting tons of interviews or job posts too. This could be an off-season. There are months that go slow. 

It is all right, and you will soon get job posts & interviews. 

Kashaf S wrote:

Hi Maria, 

Few things you need to do:

• Refresh your Upwork feed or reinstall it (if this is happening on phone), or see if there's an update.
  • Check your emails, in case of any violation, or suspension, Upwork might have sent you to notice or something and if there's nothing then this is surely a bug. 
  • Contact Upwork CS immediately, they will review it.
  • It happens, maybe in your field, you have a lot of freelancers but it's not necessary that they might be getting tons of interviews or job posts too. This could be an off-season. There are months that go slow. 

It is all right, and you will soon get job posts & interviews. 

There is no need to contact CS or any of your other suggestions.

A client accussed her of disclosing confidential information. That is a no go and no other client would hire her if this is true. It would also be a serious ToS violation.
The contract is not even included in the JSS so there will be a drop as well with the next update.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members