🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed Price Proposals
Page options
perrytunes
Community Member

Fixed Price Proposals

Hello,

I just came across a weired thing for my recent proposals I've made on "Fixed Price" jobs.

After my submission to the client I see that my proposed bid is per hour and NOT as a fixed price.

Is this normal or a bug..?

Have a look at the attached screenshot... 100/hr...

Thanks in adv for your help.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all,

I'm happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved! Thank you for your patience while the team was working on this.

We'll be closing the thread from further replies,

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57

Any idea what the client would see? same as me?

Hi Rahul,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bookcoverdesign
Community Member

Waiting...... waiting......... waiting..........

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while submitting your proposals on Fixed price contracts. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Why can we not get a simple "YES or NO" answer to a simple "YES or NO" question? The question, given the current bug in the system, is this:

When we submit a proposal (i.e., a "Fixed Price" bid on a job), is the client seeing our bid as a "Fixed Price" bid or as an "Hourly Rate" bid?

How hard can it be for UpWork techie "Team" to make that determination?

Anyway, just in case the clients are seeing Hourly Rate bids instead of Fixed Price bids, here's a temporary solution for freelancers to help get around the issue. Copy/Paste this notice into your cover letter:

PLEASE NOTE: The UpWork system has been experiencing a glitch in the proposals sent by freelancers to the clients. The glitch is that when the freelancer enters a bid amount on a "Fixed Price" project (like this one) it shows up as an "Hourly Rate" bid. If this proposal looks like my bid for the job is an "Hourly Rate" of $XXX/hr that is incorrect. My bid on this job is a flat "Fixed Price" of $XXX.00.

That will at least let the client know why you submitted an hourly rate bid for their Fixed Price job.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Still not working.

s_shouvo
Community Member

Recently I've noticed a very strange UI issue on the proposal details page. For the fixed budget job it shows the proposed budget as hourly with a very unusual hourly rate.

For example if budget was $1000 and proposed amount was $1000 then it shows like this:

Total price of project
This includes all milestones, and is the amount your client will see.
$1000.00/hr

You'll Receive
The estimated payment, after service fees.
$800.00/hr

Here is a proof of my claim

Screenshot at Dec 28 12-16-23.png
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sabbir, 

I have moved your post to this master thread, and I would like to confirm that this is a known bug, and the team is working to resolve this issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dikshitsethi786
Community Member

Yeah, your customer service support already connected with me but taking too much time to solve this issue. I am totally stucked.

Sethi wrote:

Yeah, your customer service support already connected with me but taking too much time to solve this issue. I am totally stucked.

You're no more stuck than anyone else. Upwork can't fix a bug like that for one person. Support can't fix it at all. All they can do is tell you that the tech guys are working on it and that it will be fixed when it will be fixed.

mezba_kushtia
Community Member

Hi I have found a bug when I submitted my proposal for a fixed priced job for $100. It's showing me $100.00/hr. https://www.upwork.com/ab/proposals/1476232005841616897

4783e9d5
Community Member

I just joined and have submitted a proposal. When I look at the posting and my proposal on the website, I see that my proposal includes my hourly rate, ust as I submitted it. When I view it on the app on my phone, it appears to show a flat rate of what would normally be my hourly rate.

Is this a glitch? Is this what an employer would actually see (and therefore think that I could do a 10-15 hour job for, say, $20 rather than $20 per hour)? Or am I blowing things out of proportion, being a newbie here?

Since you just joined, I recommend to read the ToS. You need to use a photo of yourself and it should be in a dressed state.

There's some weird stuff happening on the site and this could be part of it. I notice just now that people's usernames are showing up instead of the forename+surname initial that normally appears. Often people's username includes their full surname, so that's a breach of privacy for many people. 

No it isn't. The name thing is going wrong since they changed the forum layout. 

It is different, depending on the time of day. 😁

Susan S wrote:

I just joined and have submitted a proposal. When I look at the posting and my proposal on the website, I see that my proposal includes my hourly rate, ust as I submitted it. When I view it on the app on my phone, it appears to show a flat rate of what would normally be my hourly rate.

Is this a glitch? Is this what an employer would actually see (and therefore think that I could do a 10-15 hour job for, say, $20 rather than $20 per hour)? Or am I blowing things out of proportion, being a newbie here?

Don't worry about proposals. Worry first about your profile, which will get suspended real fast if you don't comply with ToS.

Martina P wrote:

Don't worry about proposals. Worry first about your profile, which will get suspended real fast if you don't comply with ToS.

What's wrong with it? Who's to say Venus didn't quit her day job as the goddess of love and start doing Upwork gigs instead?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members