🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fraudster Profile
Page options
cecilia_presenza
Community Member

Fraudster Profile

Hi

Upwork has a freelancer verifed profile who is  a Fraudster. She stole my money in Airtm. She lied to me. 

Airtm cancelled her account because of that.

So, Upwork allows this kind of Fraudster working as a freelancer in the platform? She is a delinquent! 

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM

Hi Cecilia,

I'm sorry to learn about this unpleasant and disappointing experience. I have checked and I can see that you have a freelancer account as well. I can also see that you've raised a ticket about your concern. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team on this page by providing all the necessary details about this unauthorized activity on your account. The team will surely assist you accordingly.

We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Sorry, I don't understand: When could I use a Flag for a freelancer?
This person lied to me and kept my money in another platform. Can I put her
a Flag?
This is the person I'm talking about:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/razia-khatun-13b021215/ I can show you how she
lied to me to give her money

You can flag someone if they violated rules on Upwork. If you had issues somewhere else, you have to report there.

Community Member

A "verified" profile is not a "vetted" profile. It just means that the her ID and profile information match up.

I'm disappointed to hear that your freelancer stole your money. Fraud like that, whether by freelancer or client, reflects poorly on the platform, even though Upwork is not responsible.

If you paid the freelancer money outside of Upwork, then you violated Upwork's ToS and could have your account suspended.

Hi
Thank you.
I didn't pay her outside Upwork. That happened in another plattform. This
person is a delinquent and she is working at Upwork as a freelancer
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members