🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fraudulent Accounts Postings...
Page options
neibert_vanessa
Community Member

Fraudulent Accounts Postings...

Hey guys I've been off and on UpWork for over 10 yrs now and have recently had more run in's with what seems to be suspicious scammers looking to fraud Freelancers. Some even show payment verified. Is there any way to report this activity?

6 REPLIES 6
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, flag them and keep reporting all of them here as well and Upwork will take them down.

Awesome I see thank you. Curious have you seen the Data Entry Only post that's looking for 10 freelancers...? They are payment verified but I'm not sure, it's hard to tell until you're already in communications with them smh.

Believe the company name is

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Vanessa,

You can read this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Payment verified is no indication of whether they are legit or not. None. Better to see if they have already spent money here and have good reviews, although some clients that are scammers have figured out how to game that too. Lots of data entry jobs are scams. If you apply and they then ask you to communicate off platform, they are almost certainly a scammer.

neibert_vanessa
Community Member

They are a real estate company here on the west coast. I guess I'll have to do my research smh 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members