🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Free connects
Page options
2b106ca6
Community Member

Free connects

I read that I will receive 10 free connects for creating an account and my current balance is 0 connects. I need help. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to an update in new freelancer requirements to receive the initial batch of 50 Connects. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

963 REPLIES 963

Hi Yunjuin, did you contact support?

Hi Abdullah Al,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Thank you Joanne, for the quick help.

125728d4
Community Member

hi. i read that i get 50 connects after creating an upwork account. i created my account last april 1, 2024 and until today my balance is only 10 connects. need help!

ceeca14f
Community Member

Hey UpWork Team,
I had recently joined the site, it had shown that I will receive my connects in few hours I had waited around more than 30 hours but havent received my freshers connects till now. Does it generally took this much of time or I have to wait more longer to receive those connects.
Thank you!

Hi Mihit,

You’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork. If you do not receive your Connects after that time, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further. If you’d like to get access to these 50 Connects faster, you can add a billing method. Once we verify your billing details, your Connects will appear in your Upwork account. Learn more about Connects here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
372c37a9
Community Member

I joined almost a month now and my connects is still 0

Hi Sulemana,

Your initial batch of free Connects was issued on March 29, 2024, and you still haven't used them yet. You can confirm this by visiting your Connects History page. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1427403a
Community Member

I have registered for the first time but I haven't got the connects yet

hey Sana,

Are you up to 48 hours on the platform? It takes up to 48hrs before your 50 connects appear on your profile.

Hi Sana,

You’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork. If you do not receive your Connects after that time, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further. If you’d like to get access to these 50 Connects faster, you can add a billing method. Once we verify your billing details, your Connects will appear in your Upwork account. Learn more about Connects here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
515d4b8a
Community Member

I am a new user here at upwork but I have not received the balance of 50 connects on making a new profile, it is more than 48 hours. Can you please help me?

Hi Aneesa,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e2ef1e75
Community Member

i'm just create upwork account almost 2 days ago so may i get free connects from upwork?

Hi Shykat,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist you further with applying the initial batch of 50 Connects on your profile.

~ Arjay
Upwork
97c7feb2
Community Member

Hi there,

According to this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Understanding-and-Using-Connects - "ou’ll receive 50 free Connects within 48 hours when you create an Upwork profile for the first time""

I was really banking on these connects to get myself going, but instead I was given 10. Please let me know how i can claim the promised 50 connects?

Hi Rowen,

You’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork. This gives us time to review your profile and you time to view other freelancer profiles to see what the most successful are including. You can visit the Upwork Academy to learn how to submit great proposals, and much more. Your batch of 50 Connects are valuable and we encourage you to get the most out of them by taking time to learn first. If you’d like to get access to these 50 Connects faster, you can add a billing method. Once we verify your billing details, your Connects will appear in your Upwork account. Learn more about Connects here

You can monitor Connects within the day. If it still not added to your account, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0bd15ed6
Community Member

"Good morning everyone, I signed up yesterday and haven't received the free Connects. Do I need to wait for my profile to be confirmed by Upwork? How long does it take? Were they discontinued, and do I need to buy them?

May be take 24 to 48 hr...else you can ask to support 

Hi Alessandra,

Welcome to Upwork, and thank you for reaching out here in the Community. You’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork. This gives us time to review your profile and you time to view other freelancer profiles to see what the most successful are including. You can visit the Upwork Academy to learn how to submit great proposals, and much more.

Your batch of 50 Connects are valuable and we encourage you to get the most out of them by taking time to learn first. If you’d like to get access to these 50 Connects faster, you can add a billing method. Once we verify your billing details, your Connects will appear in your Upwork account. Learn more about Connects here. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
cf8b3bf7
Community Member

I registered on April 18th, and I haven't received the registered connects until today. But there are 10 connects, the email shows that " Your membership was created". Could Upwork still send connects if we register now? In addition, I have encountered problems with the purchase connects and can't afford it. Can you open more payment methods such as Alipay? Thank you!

Hi Yuciton,

You’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork; you should receive the remaining Connects within the day. Regarding the billing methods to buy Connects, you can add a credit or debit card or use PayPal. I appreciate your feedback about adding more alternatives and will be happy to share that with the team for consideration. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
19b0ebc6
Community Member

Hello, it has been 48 hours since I created my Upwork profile for the first time, but instead of receiving 50 free connects, I only received 10 connects. Can somebody help me?

Hi Shinta,

As you mentioned, you'll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork; you should receive the remaining Connects within the day. If you don't receive the rest by the end of the day, you can let us know and we'll assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2314c203
Community Member

Hi! I just created my freelancer account yesterday and i didn´t get my free Connects yet, what should i do?

Hi Ryan, 

Welcome to Upwork! I would like to clarify that you’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork. Please allow more time for Connects to be added to your account. If you don't see Connects in the next 48 hours, let us know, and we will assist you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
40a4f717
Community Member

Hi upwork team,

I haven't received the free connect that is given out after new signup. Could you please help me out?

- Kadam

Hi Kadam,

You’ll get your batch of free 50 Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork. If you do not receive your Connect after that time, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep, The connects have been updated

Glad to hear that, Kadam. You may want to take a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

- Pradeep
Upwork
1b855b22
Community Member

I did not received my 40 connects on first sign up. Please help asap.

Hi Pragati,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'm sorry if you still haven't received the additional 40 Connects to complete the initial batch of 50 Connects for setting up your profile. We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cdda6970
Community Member

I am waiting from last 24 hours but i don't got 50 connect my connects are zero I have compeleted my proflie 100% from last two day . can you please help me for that 

Hi Surinder,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
cdda6970
Community Member

ok !!! thanks for the reply i am waiting for that agent 

cdda6970
Community Member

I am waiting for your reply please tell me when will i  receive my 50 connects i have compeleted my profile a day before yesterday 

I have asked a moderator to assist you.

66d8507f
Community Member

Hi Dear! This is Mridul Mahi. I'm a new freelancer.i open an account on Upwork.com yesterday. I hear that a new freelancer get 50 connects for creating an account. But it's a matter of great regret that I don't find any connects on my account. My account id is 66d8507f. Please help me about this. Thank you.

Welcome to Upwork! Mridul,

I looked closely at your account and confirmed that the free batch of 50 initial Connects upon setting up your profile has been applied to your account. You may validate this by visiting your Connects History page. You're all set! Best of luck.

~ Arjay
Upwork
59190fc6
Community Member

Hello, I recently registered, but for some reason I didn’t receive connections, will they appear? Thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members