🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Freelancers & Buyer discriminations
Page options
37ffcf80
Community Member

Freelancers & Buyer discriminations

I am a new freelancers in upwork marketplace. I have submitted may proposal many proposal are pending since opening. Here is no penalty for buyer but only for freelancers. As like we lost our connects for buyer because the offering work but not closing offer taking huge time. It's very sad for newly join freelancers in upwork market.

Now, I want to know. How i can confirm that clients read my submitted proposal or not read?

9 REPLIES 9
roberty1y
Community Member

Ziaul I wrote:

I am a new freelancers in upwork marketplace. I have submitted may proposal many proposal are pending since opening. Here is no penalty for buyer but only for freelancers. As like we lost our connects for buyer because the offering work but not closing offer taking huge time. It's very sad for newly join freelancers in upwork market.

Now, I want to know. How i can confirm that clients read my submitted proposal or not read?

There's no way you can tell if your proposal was read or not. There's an algorithm that sorts proposals, putting the most suitable candidates at the top of the list and making their proposals more likely to be read by the client (it's not always accurate, however). All you can do is keep trying. There's a lot of competition.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ziaul I wrote:

So, you are new and not getting hired. You want to penalize clients for that. Is that really the right approach? Is using connects to apply to jobs meant to be a penalty to freelancers?

Hlw

Matrina, Thanks for your feedback.

I don't want to penalize the clients and it's like a joke. Yes, using connects to apply to jobs meant to be a penalty to freelancers coz in an one job many freelancer applied by their connect. By this apply freelancer lost his connect till job closed. I know this is the role of UPWORK . But I compare its to penalty. Where upwork authority debited from earn why freelancer lost the connect only for neglect of idle client. Some client offering there job need within short time but they don't hire anyone long days. Why? Do u think no efficient freelancer not present for this client in in this platform? It's just a joke. Clients not response anyone long long days for this freelancer connects are hanging for submission other proposals. I just compare it's as a penalty.

Thanks Again. 

petra_r
Community Member

Ziaul I wrote:

Here is no penalty for buyer but only for freelancers.

There are no "penalties" for freelancers.

Ziaul I wrote:

You can't.

What you CAN do is improve your chances of clients reading your proposal and hiring you by dramatically improving your profile and ideally rethinking what you are offering. Upwork is drowning in people who want to do data entry etc. Chances of getting hired are very slim indeed.

tlbp
Community Member

Ziaul I wrote:

Upwork is a pay for access platform. A freelancer who wants to send a communication (proposal) to a prospective client must pay to do so. This isn't a penalty, it is a business model. You do not have to participate in the platform if you do not like the business model. 

Welcome to capitalism.

It is commonplace for for-profit businesses to care about who is happy or sad only if the person's sadness affects their profitability. New freelancer sadness does not. 

37ffcf80
Community Member

Thanks

Tonya for your reply.

I know Upwork is a pay for access platform its a Business Model also. Here a freelance also investing for work by purchasing connects but the lost their connects for some clients neglecting activities. Here I mentioning that again, " SOME CLIENTS".

An example one clients offer for a job which is very urgent needed but after 50+ job proposal and long days clients have no response about his urgent needed work. But due to submit a proposal in his job a freelancer connects in pending and some time lost. Although a Freelancer just pay a % of earn to Upwork team from clients. 

(You do not have to participate in the platform if you do not like the business model.) Yes, It's a good offer for me and freelancer as like me. 

kristypepe
Community Member

Hi,

There is no way to check if your proposal was read by the client.

However you can check how many FL have applied and are being interviewed.  That will give you an idea.

The only way you can get more chances of being hired is to check that your profile is outstanding.

Unfortunately the competition is fierce. 

Good Luck

The original poster has a complaint that freelancers and clients are treated differently.

As a freelancer, I WANT freelancers and clients to be treated differently.

Here is a good example:

Clients pay money TO freelancers.

Freelancers receive money FROM clients.

This is VERY DIFFERENT.

And that is a good thing.

This is an example of discrimination being a very good thing indeed.

re: "Now, I want to know. How i can confirm that clients read my submitted proposal or not read?"

It does not matter if the client reads your proposal or not.

What matters is if the client contacts you.

And even more important: What matters is if the client hires you and pays you.

I have hired over 140 freelancers on Upwork. I rarely read any freelancer's proposals. I don't even read proposals when I hire freelancers. I mainly look at portfolios. And I also look at profile page headlines. Sometimes I just hire the first person who applies to the job because my job descriptions are so specific that only qualified freelancers apply.

You SHOULD write good proposals. Because many clients DO read proposals.

But there is no need to know if a client has actually read your proposal or not. There is no difference to you between a client reading your proposal and not contacting you, versus a client NOT reading your proposal at all.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members