🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Freelancers sharing clients
Page options
fd6a4be4
Community Member

Freelancers sharing clients

Hello.

I'm new on upwork and now trying to get my first contract. Is it allowed to write to other freelancers who have a lot of direct messages from clients and ask them to recommend me if they are busy by another contracts?

I'm interested to find a full-time job may be someone will advice me how to do this through Upwork.

Sincerely, Denis

3 REPLIES 3
d9fc6d8d
Community Member

Why would a freelancer who doesn't know anything about you or your skills recommend you to any clients? Do the same as all of us and find clients yourself. And before you start sending out proposals, read the terms of service and go through the academy posts.

the-right-writer
Community Member

"I'm new on upwork and now trying to get my first contract. Is it allowed to write to other freelancers who have a lot of direct messages

How do you know how many messages other freelancers have?

from clients and ask them to recommend me if they are busy by another contracts?

Spamming is against the Terms of Service, and I believe your idea qualifies. I receive numerous messages from people every day, wanting jobs. The vast majority have done nothing to be a freelancer. You will probably anger any real freelancer, with the only offers coming from farmers who will pay you $.83 an hour.

If you contacted me, I would send you this link, and tell you to learn how to be an adult in business. You need to start at the beginning, because obviously you don't understand how to use the platform.

Upwork is not the place to look for a full-time job. There might be a few out there, but this is a freelancer platform. You need to go to your job service, employment agency, Indeed, etc. for a full-time job.

tlsanders
Community Member

It's very common for established freelancers to be bomarded with messages from strangers asking for referrals or subcontracting work. But, established freelancers got where they are by being careful with their reputations and ensuring that they are always providing value to a client, so it would make no sense to recommend someone unless they were quite familiar with their work and their reliability.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members