🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Full name
Page options
d5ebe4c8
Community Member

Full name

Hi, This is Ismail. I have a small request kindly show my full Name (MD I) to "MD Ismail" or just Show "M Ismail" in my profile. Because my all clients call me MD. Not my client's mistake because they are seeing "MD I". It's looking and listening odd. Please.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
759e32fa

Hi MD,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To edit your profile name, go to Settings > Contact Info. Let us know if you need further assistance!

~ AJ
Upwork

UpWork "sees" Ismail as surname, I assume.
In some countries/for some people, surname comes first, and in some surname doesn't even exist.

If he is to change name through Settings, will his payment method still be valid, or will UpWork block it for name mismatch?

Hi Antun,

Generally, it takes up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on the freelancer's account. If our team finds an issue with the payment method, we will reach out to them directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for your reply. My bank account and national card name are MD Ismail. So, it's required to use this name. I don't want to change my name. Just want to show my last name.

Yes, surname Ismail. Just want to show my surname or Full name. Don't want to hide any words.

MD I wrote:

Yes, surname Ismail. Just want to show my surname or Full name. Don't want to hide any words.

I've seen topics here on Community where freelancers had same/similar issue.
There was one where person was advised to repeat name in both fields (in your case that would be Name: MD Ismael | Last Name: MD Ismael).

Please note that I don't know what happens if you do that. This is something I saw "forever ago".

Annie Jane B mentioned that you'll be contacted if UpWork finds an issue with the payment method. Therefore, no worries? Just edit your name and if anything happens you'll resolve the issue with UpWork's team.

I need to show my full name too. Is there any possiblity to show my full name on my profile like "Muhammad Haris".

Thanks

Muhammad Haris

researchediting
Community Member

No one seems to have mentioned that Upwork hides last names (second names, presumed to be surnames) by design. As far as I know, there is no override for this. And as you know, our names on Upwork and those on our payment accounts must be the same. (There is some allowance for variance; I'm not sure your request would fit Upwork's criteria.)

If clients are calling you by your abbreviated first name, I would chalk it up to unfamiliarity with the convention you are using.

I use Douglas Michael Massing for my publication name, so I am Douglas Michael M here. Prospective and new clients often address me as Douglas or even Doug. The name I live in is Michael, but there's no way for them to know that. So I never correct them. I do sign correspondence with them as Michael Massing, Michael, or MM, depending on the stage of the relationship. Most pick up the hint. If they don't, I smile as I take their money.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members