🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting paid
Page options
7de12829
Community Member

Getting paid

I'd like to ask about something. I want to change my name to my freelace Nick name. My question is: If I changed my name to be the freelance nickname does that affect my ability to get paid. Because I saw on Upwork website that If I want to get my money they need to check if the name matches the bank information. So please help me to know my options thanks

5 REPLIES 5
AndreaG

Hi Nour,

If your payment method is mismatched we’ll approve recognized name variations, like Robert/Bob or J.J./John Jacob, within 48 hours. If you use an unrecognized name variation or nickname, we’ll require that you verify your identity.

~Andrea
Upwork
7de12829
Community Member

Okay I'll ask in general just to check if its acceptable or not. Lets say a designer's name is Nancy Simon and her nick name on Upwork is Nancy Designer. this will be okay or still identity verification is necessary?

- I'd also like to ask what kind of identity verification you ask for?

Thanks for your reply 

re: "Okay I'll ask in general just to check if its acceptable or not. Lets say a designer's name is Nancy Simon and her nick name on Upwork is Nancy Designer. this will be okay or still identity verification is necessary?"

No.

That is definitely not okay. This could get Nancy suspended or result in any earnings being blocked from withdrawal.

re: "I'd also like to ask what kind of identity verification you ask for?"

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000563227-Government-ID-Verification

re:" No.

That is definitely not okay. This could get Nancy suspended or result in any earnings being blocked from withdrawal."

What about Nancy S. ? still this could get her suspended ?

Thanks for your reply

Hi Nour,

Thank you for your response. You still have options for the name that you use for public and promotional purposes. Your verified name is only shared on invoices and the Contract Room you have with a client. Your profile name can be a nickname or a variation of your legal name, as long as it follows our name change guidelines.

You may want to check this process here and here for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members