🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can i use two device at the same time for upw...
Page options
graphicsfountain
Community Member

Can i use two device at the same time for upwork?

in my country electricity goes off sometimes.  So not to make obstacle I want to use a laptop using time tracker (hourly job). But if the electricity is back again, I want to use the desktop for communicating with other client or replying to any invitation.  so i want to use desktop.
1. Laptop for time tracking job Only
2. Desktop for replying to invitation, replying instant messages.

(just to reduce hassle of switiching between two devices, logging of, logging out again)

Will there be any violation ?

7 REPLIES 7
grendon
Community Member

Hi S S.

As far as I know, Upwork doesn't place limitations on the number of computers you log into using your Upwork account.

mahamsajjadkhan
Community Member

Hi S S.
Yes you can login to more than one devices but you can not log time on more than one devices simultaneously. 
I hope that make sense to you.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey SS, yes you can login to two devices at once provided it's you and not someone on the other device. A common way to work is desktop and mobile phone app open so client projects aren't interrupted yet messages can be answered. Have a great day!

I would not recommend answering messages from one client while the time tracker is on for another client. 

Of course, if you are answering a message from anyone but the client being billed, the client project IS being interrupted--you're just hiding that.

Of course the time tracker is turned off if you are not working on the client project. I don't think that is SS's question is how and when to turn the time tracker off.

So, when you turn to the other device to answer a message without interrupting the client project, you are stopping the time tracker?

If the time tracker is stopped and work on the client project has stopped so you can attend to unrelated business in the messenger, in what way is the client project not interrupted? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members