🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Give Us a Block Button!
Page options
jpb555
Community Member

Give Us a Block Button!

Can you set it up that we can block seeing posts from crap employers?

All the meat grinder places that invite 65 people to apply for jobs or

Have 15% hire rates

Or post 1 sentence work descriptions while asking for 16 connects

Pay $5 an hour ever, even once, they are exploiters

There is so much you can do to help Feelancers, but you don't seem to care?

John

4 REPLIES 4
ArjayM

Hi John,

We certainly understand your concern and suggestions about blocking potential scam clients. However, If you're referring to a client you once communicated with, you can block them via the Upwork Messages tool within either the website or the desktop time-tracker tool.

Click on the client's name at the top of the screen and display a drop-down menu. From there, you can "block" the client in question. We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jpb555
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

No, I really wanted a block button, there is such a high percentage of terrible work available here and there needs to be a way to screen it out.

I think it's going to have to be me leaving Upwork because I am so tired of this site and that people posting work are not held to any standard at all.

It's just a race to the bottom so much $5 fixed price work. So many one-sentence job descriptions... I could go on but for my mental health, I'll be done here by early October when my current month of what ever I got for $14.99 expires.

John

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

You can use the "thumbs-down" button on every job post in your feed and select a reason that may be appropriate for the situation. This helps us improve the job feed by gathering feedback from freelancers who use this feature. 

aocumen_0-1694660512629.png

Alternatively, you can create and save a search keyword/s with filters so that jobs you're interested in will be populated on your feed. I checked your job feed, and you have yet to save a search keyword. The jobs on "My Feed" are based on the filters of your Saved Search. This means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched.

However, if none is saved, it will be based on your categories. Since categories are broad, the system may give you many job posts that are irrelevant to what you want to see.

I highly suggest that you start manually searching and saving projects occasionally. However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results. Here's more information on searching for jobs and saving a job search. You may also want to check this article about advanced search techniques (using boolean logic) to help you better manage your job feed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
williamtcooper
Community Member

John,

If you get an Invitation or message you don't want, just block the client by using the Block option over their name on the right side of the screen.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members