🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Having a little misunderstanding with client ...
Page options
mamoonkhattab
Community Member

Having a little misunderstanding with client over hours I didn't log in.

Hello Upwork community!

Let me write the short recap of what I am facing. Last year, I accidently added months of hours into another client's diary (who was off so I had no problem of him paying me for nothing). I didn't know this till I contacted Upwork and it said I was accidently adding hours into someone's else contract so my existing client was not charged for anything. The support request should be found here.

Upon my assessment, I found that they were not just 18 days but 3 straight months (including some weeks where i forgot to add hours). Now my client is saying that he had been charged for the months I am saying I am was not paid. I was wondering how could it be possible that we have two different set of records.

The name of the contract is "US News Article Writer Needed (Work 7 Days A Week)".

Furthermore, to make things easier, I have attaced a pdf file where I have summed up all the hours with screenshots from my work diary. Upwork staff can fack-check that with the record they have and that of my client. The pdf file has all the hours that I owe to my client. I just want Upwork to categorically say that "Mr. Mamoon was not charged for all the hours mentioned in the document and he must be re-paid" (obviously after assessing the evidence).

Thank you so much! 

9 REPLIES 9
mamoonkhattab
Community Member

I made the pdf file for my client so sorry if it seems like it is not addressing you.

b4c15981
Community Member

Sorry that happened! I would assume that the client isn't obligated to retroactively pay you for months of hours that you did not record on your timesheet with them. 😞 

How did you mix up the timesheets if the other contracts you have are fixed rate? Was one of the other two clients charged? 

I don't know how it happened. The current contract was the default one more than an year and I used to add hours without thinking which contract it was. The other client did pay the milestone but I have stopped working with that client months ago. I jsut checked he was no charged for anything. 

I understand Upwork's policy regarding that. I just want Upwork to check and tell me yes, my current client was not charged all those months. Because technically he was not charged if I didn't log in the hours. We can sort something out once Upwork clarifies that indeed my client was not charged for that month and that week. If you check the pdf file, it'll be much easier to understand. 

wrote:

I understand Upwork's policy regarding that. I just want Upwork to check and tell me yes, my current client was not charged all those months. Because technically he was not charged if I didn't log in the hours. We can sort something out once Upwork clarifies that indeed my client was not charged for that month and that week. If you check the pdf file, it'll be much easier to understand. 

If you didn't log any hours for the correct client, then it would have been impossible for Upwork to charge him.

JoanneP

Hi Mamoon,

If you have incorrectly logged hours from one contract to another. You have to delete the logged hours from your work diary and add them to the correct contract. We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

How do i delete hours from one contract and add them to the current one?. Will I be able to add them to the existing one?

You cannot. Caculate how much money you cheated and issue refund yourself. Ask correct client to use Add bonus option for that amount.

Hours untrasferable. Be careful in future.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members