🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly Payment Contracts
Page options
iamart_agency
Community Member

Hourly Payment Contracts

Hi. I'm a top-rated freelancer and normally get paid early for my hourly contracts. My client is a repeat offender of not having funds in escrow which causes a delay in my payment. This time she has not updated her payment method, and I receive the following message from Upwork.

We are writing to let you know that your client's payment was unsuccessful for the week of 2022-11-06. Since we offer payment protection, we reviewed your account carefully to see if this payment is covered under Upwork Hourly Payment Protection. Unfortunately, it is not because you do not meet the criteria to be covered for payment protection. We have returned the following amount to your client:

Amount Reversed: $ 75.15

Invoice Date: 2022-11-06

Reason: Low Activity

The above will show up in your transaction history as a "Refund. "At this point, if your client approved the hours for this week, we suggest asking them to issue a bonus payment to you for the amount. We also want you to verify your identity so going forward you get the benefit of Upwork Hourly Payment Protection and stay in good standing on Upwork. To do so, go here.

My identity was verified in March 2021, and the low activity is due to the nature of the project, as all work is not just computer base. My question is will I get paid for the hours that I work for this client, or if they don't update their payment method, will I not get paid?

2 REPLIES 2
williamtcooper
Community Member

Talk to your client.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

It appears you will be paid for the total hours you tracked using TimeTracker minus $75.15 for the hours billed but not properly booked using TimeTracker. Was this $75.15 the total of your time tracked for that work week? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members