🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I contact someone at Upwork about 'Pa...
Page options
anderson_martin
Community Member

How can I contact someone at Upwork about 'Payment method removed'?

A few days ago, as requested, I linked my PayPal account to my Upwork account and immediately Upwork automatically removed the payment method because the PayPal name does not match my real name.

This is because the PayPal account is a business account. According to what I have read, it is possible to get the account re-linked if I present documents but there is no procedure for direct contact. Before I go on a tweet-fest, I thought I would try here one last time.

It took six months to pass all the authorization checks for that PayPal account under the increasing burden of anti-money-laundering restrictions, so this extra new hurdle has been very frustrating, and it surely must be obvious to Upwork that business PayPal accounts may have corporate names or the names of higher stakeholders as their main address.

So any response here from Upwork folk, or advice from the community would be welcome.

Thanka.

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Martin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your business PayPal account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members