🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I refer a freelancer in an invitation...
Page options
ed_manaban
Community Member

How can I refer a freelancer in an invitation if I do not know anybody here?

I'm invited to an interview but I want to decline it and refer another member. How can I do this if I do not know any member in the community?

5 REPLIES 5
04b3b57d
Community Member

By building relations with the people of your field. Make sure they are available on Upwork. Bring some friends to Upwork and ask them try Upwork for fun and as side business.

Maybe, you can also use LinkedIn. Set your location and use Upwork after you type your niche. For example,
I would search for: “Web developer Upwork”.

I will get result and i will send them message if they are interested to invites from me.
petra_r
Community Member

Ammad K wrote:
Maybe, you can also use LinkedIn. Set your location and use Upwork after you type your niche. For example,
I would search for: “Web developer Upwork”.
I will get result and i will send them message if they are interested to invites from me

That is a violation of Upwork's terms of service. You are forbidden to contact Upwork members outside the platform unless they have given you prior permission.

Even if it wasn't forbidden, it is entirely inappropriate.

Also, why in the world would you refer a person you know absolutely nothing about? That doesn't help the client!

04b3b57d
Community Member

That makes sense. And again Thank you for correcting me.

Thanks for the info. It's been very useful.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I'm invited to an interview but I want to decline it and refer another member. How can I do this if I do not know any member in the community?"

Which of the following is your question?

a) I know a person who would be great for this job. But he is not an Upwork freelancer. How can I properly refer this client to that person, without breaking any Upwork rules?

b) I would like to refer this client to someone who would be great for the job. How can I figure out which Upwork freelancer would be great for this job so that I can provide a referral to the client?

[Answer A or B so that we can assist you.]

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members