🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I reverse an accidentally withdrawn p...
Page options
cassplouis
Community Member

How can I reverse an accidentally withdrawn proposal?

I've withdrawn a proposal with the intention of quickly editing it and then re-submitting. This has worked in the past, yet this time, I'm unable to resubmit. It's shown in my archives, however when I go to the job post, there is no option to re-submit, but also confusingly shows the proposal as still being active. Please assist 

(I've attached images of my issue.) 

**Edited for community guidelines**

99 REPLIES 99
asigua13
Community Member

I made the same mistake.. withdrew my proposal by mistake and I cannot resubmit it.. could you please help?

Alani Concepcion S wrote:

I made the same mistake.. withdrew my proposal by mistake and I cannot resubmit it.. could you please help?

If your proposal was boosted, you cannot submit it again.

jimevry1
Community Member

Hi there, I accidently withdraw a proposal not realising that I am cannot submit again if it is boosted (this seems unfair) - Please can you resubbit my proposal?

https://www.upwork.com/ab/proposals/1567787470357278721

James M wrote:

Hi there, I accidently withdraw a proposal not realising that I am cannot submit again if it is boosted (this seems unfair) - Please can you resubbit my proposal?

https://www.upwork.com/ab/proposals/1567787470357278721

Well, it seems normal to me that they do not allow resending a boosted proposal. It already seems horrible to me the fact of being able to increase the proposals. I don't think the client likes that if, for example, he has rejected a boosted proposal, it appears again, even for a while, among the first three.
So no, you can't forward it and Upwork won't forward it.

What I have left in doubt right now is if you can send it back without improving. But I think not.

Hi James, 

Thank you for your message. You will be unable to resubmit the proposal to the same job if the withdrawn proposal was boosted. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
jacob_grig
Community Member

Hey Aleksandar, same problem on my side, I have withdrawn the contract to make changes to the client's requirements but am unable to send him a new proposal, please help.. 

You cannot resubmit if your first proposal was boosted.

I just needed to change the contract description and add a single line it (that was the client requirement), I was unable to change the contract description so decided to withdraw it and send a new one (and there where no notification that I will be unable to send the client a new contract), shouldn't Upwork have a solution for this kind of problems? 

fonder_morgan
Community Member

I also need help with this please, I only needed to add in one word and really would like to apply to this job. I withdrew, same as others thinking I could really again. Upwork is not clear about this and their should be a disclaimer on site. My application somehow came up as boosted as well. I did NOT do this (I never do). I am unable to get my application resubmitted. 

Hi Morgan, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you will be unable to resubmit the proposal to the same job if the withdrawn proposal was boosted. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
bf3ad864
Community Member

How can I reverse an accidentally withdrawn proposal?

I've withdrawn a proposal with the intention of quickly editing it and then re-submitting. Please assist

2b5c7732
Community Member

I have exactly the same issue here. I accidentally withdrew my proposal and I cannot resubmit it.. can anyone help?

Pema B wrote:

I have exactly the same issue here. I accidentally withdrew my proposal and I cannot resubmit it.. can anyone help?

If it was a boosted proposal, you cannot resubmit it.

85a7eeda
Community Member

The withdrawn proposal is archived and marked as withdrawn but does not show option to resubmit again.

Is there at least a way to un-withdraw or get my connects back?

Abida K wrote:

The withdrawn proposal is archived and marked as withdrawn but does not show option to resubmit again.

Is there at least a way to un-withdraw or get my connects back?

If you withdrew your proposal, the connects are not returned. And if the proposal was "boosted", you can't re submit a proposal to that job.

sgilma
Community Member

Hi, I did the same mistake can anyone help? Thanks 

This question has been answered several times in the thread.
One more time.
If you withdrew your proposal, the connects are not returned, but you can resend another proposal by spending more connects.
If the proposal you have withdrew was "boosted", you can't resubmit a proposal to that job.

70db3119
Community Member

Mine is also the same case. I have withdrawn a proposal in order to edit the cover letter. And "Apply " button is disabled. 

When you withdraw a proposal, the connects are not returned, but you can send a new one (with new connects expense). But if the proposal was "boosted", you cannot resubmit it.

jwrunge
Community Member

Cassandra, I agree that being able to resubmit a withdrawn proposal is very important. In my case, I've been on Upwork since 2017 (when it was eLance, I believe), but only recently got back on. I submitted several proposals; a few days later, before I heard anything back, all my proposals were auto-withdrawn because I needed to verify my identity. I understand the need for ID verification, but auto-withdrawing proposals I was allowed to submit with no way of resubmitting them is a terrible practice. That's wasted time, effort, contacts, and opportunity.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members