🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How did you give me 20 Connect without my con...
Page options
b3450919
Community Member

How did you give me 20 Connect without my consent and how did you withdraw 20Dollars from my account

Hi Upwork Team,

I hope you're well.

I didn't request any Connects, but you added them to my account without my permission. I don't want any Connects. Who authorized you to take from my account without my consent? Please refund $20 to my account. Who gave you the right to assign Connects without permission? This needs to be addressed, and my money should be returned. I find it unacceptable that you're adding Connects and deducting money without consent. This is not how it should work. We shouldn't be linked to your account, not allowing you to use our money as you please.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and can confirm that the $20 payment was charged to you for the Freelancer Plus membership renewal. When you upgrade to the Freelancer Plus plan, you also authorize Upwork to charge $20.00 + tax to your Upwork account or primary billing method at the beginning of each billing cycle. If you wish to cancel the Freelancer Plus subscription, you can click the 'Change Plan' button on your Membership & Connects page.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Dear,

I trust this message finds you well.

I am writing to address an issue regarding my Upwork Pro subscription. I enrolled in Upwork Pro for a single month initially, but since then, I have not applied for its renewal or extended my subscription in any way.

To my dismay, I recently discovered that Upwork had withdrawn funds from my account without my authorization for another month of Upwork Pro. This unilateral action is unacceptable. I fail to understand why Upwork would automatically renew my subscription without my explicit consent.

I kindly request clarification on the matter. Could you please explain the policy regarding the automatic renewal of Upwork Pro subscriptions after the initial month? Furthermore, I urge you to promptly refund the amount deducted from my account without delay.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your prompt resolution.

Thank you for your cooperation.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Adnan wrote:

Who authorized you to take from my account without my consent? Please refund $20 to my account. Who gave you the right to assign Connects without permission?

You gave them permission to charge your account each month. Didn't you read the agreement before you clicked the green button?

screen.jpg

Hi, Christine:

Dear [Recipient's Name],

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to express my deep concern regarding a recent transaction involving my Upwork Pro subscription. I initially purchased Upwork Pro for a single month, and I did not authorize any further extensions or renewals.

To my surprise and dismay, I discovered that funds were withdrawn from my account without any prior notification or consent for another month of Upwork Pro subscription. This unauthorized deduction raises serious questions about the transparency and fairness of your billing practices.

I demand immediate action to rectify this issue. I insist that the deducted amount be promptly returned to my account, as I did not initiate or approve any renewal of my Upwork Pro subscription.

Additionally, I seek clarification on the process that allows Upwork to automatically withdraw funds from users' accounts without explicit consent or notification. Such actions undermine trust and transparency, and I expect a clear explanation of how this occurred.

I urge you to prioritize this matter and take swift action to refund the deducted amount and address the concerns raised. Failure to do so promptly will compel me to explore further steps to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this urgent matter.

Hi Adnan,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Read the part that I circled in red, where it says "You're authorising Upwork to charge $20 + tax ... at the beginning of each billing cycle." That's a very clear explanation. You made a mistake, not Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members