🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » If I pass, I'll get $10 -- back in Highschool...
Page options
b9ec5574
Community Member

If I pass, I'll get $10 -- back in Highschool, acing my native language exam? LOL

I applied for a job that offered $100-$150 for a German proofreading and editing of a translated novel -- client replied saying they will pay me $10 if I pass a TRIAL proofread, if not then only $5. I mentioned my rates, but offered that I can do a trial proofread for $10 -- the client agreed to this, yet then only put half the amount into escrow, reiterating that 'if I pass, I'll get $10' -- so, basically I'm back at school having to pass my native language? Nice. 

They also seem to have a lot more advertisements going on for the same job, so I'm assuming they get their 'trial' samples for $5 at a time. 

5 REPLIES 5
253c5f2c
Community Member

No comments! That is a shame. Thanks for sharing. Yesterday I came across a Copy/Paste Job Post. The job was literally a copy of one posted 5 hours before. 16 connects to apply. At the time I saw it, about 15 people had applied. Upwork deleted the job after I posted a screnshot showing the two of them together. Thankfully.

Thanks for your comment, Camila. Where did you post the screenshots to? This forum? 

Upwork moderators do not allow job posts from the platform to be viewed in the forum, scams or not.

You should report any job that breaks the ToS by clicking the "flag as inappropriate" link at the top-right of the job description. You are not allowed to post screen shots in the forum or post links to jobs and make accusations about the client.

253c5f2c
Community Member

Yes. But they censored it. I will copy here for you, hoping upwork will not delete it before you see it.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members