🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to hide your profile and projects from ot...
Page options
samikats
Community Member

How to hide your profile and projects from other clients who hired you?

Hello,

I wanted to know if there is a way a freelancer can hide his profile and projects from his other clients that hired him. Imagine that I'm full time working on a project on upwork yet there is an offer and you don't the other client you're working for the full time about this part-time offer. So I'm asking if there is away a freelancer can hide his profile and other projects from his other clients that hired him. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
hoyle_editing
Community Member

No i dont think you can do that. But i also dont know why you would want to?

If you are a freelancer you are free to work for whomever you like.

If you have some kind of agreement in place to work exclusivly for your current client then it would not be fair to break that without talking to them/informing them. Otherwise it should be of no concern to your current client as long as you are completing your agreed work with them.

Noureldin Y wrote:

Impossible! How can they see your reviews then?

Why would clients that have already hired him want to see his reviews?

The OP is talking about Clients that he already works for. As such they would already know his performance . 

Regardless of that, I still fail to see why you would want or need to hide it from a client. It is none of their business.

What if I set my profile to private? Will this help?

re: "What if I set my profile to private? Will this help?"

Yes. That helps to limit how many people will see your Upwork profile.

But it is not a guarantee that people can't see your Upwork profile.

Former clients can still click on your name in their "past contracts" list.

I don't think setting your profile to private will block them from seeing your profile page if they do that.

You're probably worrying about this far more than you need to.

Upwork is a freelance work platform. The widespread understanding of freelanders is that they are not "exclusive" to one client. Only the most unreasonable client with a very idiosyncratic perspective would have a problem with you working for other clients.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members