🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to impress the client for securing a proj...
Page options
2bad9ef5
Community Member

How to impress the client for securing a project?

Hi!
I am Mehwish Ali working on Upwork since last year but I find it very difficult to secure projects on Upwork. I write the proposals according to the projects but I still never heard back so how shall I get the clients' attention?
I have experience in content writing for more than 5 years as a ghostwriter and creative writer. I need a direction to channel my skills to the clients on Upwork. Please share your insights.
Thank you in anticipation.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
85d722a5
Community Member

Hi Mehvish, there are a few things you need to take care of, little things matter. For example Client would prefer hiring someone with rising talent badge. Try Upwork readiness test and get your rising talent badge. 

Plus prepare a little eye-catching portfolio to attach with every resume you submit. 

Wishing you good luck. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tauseeflateef
Community Member

Hi Mehwish,
I would suggest doing some research on the client and his/her job history before you start writing your proposal. Since you are a content writer, your proposal should reflect your writing skills in it. Take your time before while sending the proposal and do not ever hurry. Try to address client by name as this lets them know you worked on this proposal and also make them feel acquainted. You can find their name in the reviews of other freelancers.

Good luck!

Hello Tauseef!

Thank you so much for your insights, i really appreciate you reached out. I will keep in mind the suggestions. thank you again.

Best

38fc9b24
Community Member

Hey,

if you can refer me to some client for content writing it will be great.

cheers, thank you.

85d722a5
Community Member

Hi Mehvish, there are a few things you need to take care of, little things matter. For example Client would prefer hiring someone with rising talent badge. Try Upwork readiness test and get your rising talent badge. 

Plus prepare a little eye-catching portfolio to attach with every resume you submit. 

Wishing you good luck. 

Hello!

Thank you so much for your insight, I will for sure work on that.

Best

the-right-writer
Community Member

First, you need to correct the errors in your extremely brief introduction. Then you need to do something about your introduction. You need more in your portfolio and something you wrote. If you have nothing, write something you want to showcase. Before you apply to even one more job, read the Terms of Service if you haven't, and then read this from Wes.

Scammers are rampant on Upwork and online in general. You need to appear to be a knowledgeable freelancer, not a new person looking for any job. There is no protection if you don't follow the rules and understand the automatic and manual hours, and milestones. Protect yourself and don't be a victim.

Dear jeanne!

Thank you so much for your critical insights, I am glad that you rightly pointed out the gaps and I will work on it and improve.

Thank you for your anticipation.

Best

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members