🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I accidentally click on close my account
Page options
mohammadumair30
Community Member

I accidentally click on close my account

I accidentally click on the close my account (then immediately
I click on cancel) I am getting .. end my contract notification. also, I am getting a notification error. page-load error. I can not access my work diary. I am scared if my profile gets private or suspended and have 2 jobs I am working on. 

I send a request but from 5 hours no one is assigned to me 

Request id 32471827

can anyone help me with getting rid of these errors?

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Umair,

Thank you for your message. 

I am sorry to hear about the error messages on your Upwork account. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same support ticket initiated by you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PradeepH

Hi Umair,

Thank you for your message. 

I am sorry to hear about the error messages on your Upwork account. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same support ticket initiated by you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for answering and they helped me and the issue is solved.

midalif
Community Member

Hello!

I accidentally did the same thing (I clicked "Close my account"), but since I have an active contract, I just got the notification: "You have one or more open contracts. Close open contracts by visiting the Contracts> Details page."

(So far, everything else seems normal on the Upwork platform)

Now, this active contract is about to end and I have a question: Will my account be closed after that? because I don't want it to be, I'm a little worried

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi Monica,

Your account won't be automatically closed unless you click the option to close it again. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f2e1ec9b
Community Member

I did not know about this strict policy of having one account per person and closed my account to start fresh. Now that I see that having 2 accounts is against upwork ToS i can not open another one and use that instead.

Now I want my old account back. I could not contact upwork help without an account so i opened this one.

And i do not mean to violate upwork ToS.

Please help me

I will close this account as soon as the first one is back

Hi Java,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f2e1ec9b
Community Member

Hi, if the previous account was not verified would it still be counted as an account?

notifications are annoying please contact the support team to solve that issue **Edited for Community Guidelines** they will solve it in 1 or 2 days. then clear your history and cookies. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members