🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am a Top rated Freelancer with 5 stars rati...
Page options
arshia-shaukat
Community Member

I am a Top rated Freelancer with 5 stars rating but i am not getting hired inspite of bidding daily

Hello Everyone,
I hope you all doing great.
I have been struggling with getting the projects on Upwork, since January i am not getting any invites, not even any inquiries on my gigs. till December i was getting invites & inquiries regularly but frim Jan 2023 i am getting nothing. i am really worried. Please guide me & on how can i resume my work like before.

Thanks in advance ❤️

8 REPLIES 8
759e32fa

Hello lovely Arshia,

Thanks for reaching out. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey
Thanks for replying.
I am following all the rules. but still no luck.

Have a good day

williamtcooper
Community Member

Arshia,

Here are some of the main TIPS for everyone to follow that I put together:

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

Thank you so much. These are the PRO Tips.
I am following most of them & my profile is there. i will update my portfolio again though.

Thanks 🙂

Arshia,

If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thanks!

Hey William,
Can you please go through my profile & check if it needs any other improvement? I would highly appreciate this.

tlsanders
Community Member

If you have good skills, you may want to consider raising your rates. Your current very low rates create the impression that you are competing with newcomers and lower-skilled freelancers--especially since your earnings are private, which many clients will take to mean that you are actually charging much lower than your already-low posted rate.

You may also want to reconsider setting your earnings to private (unless your actual rates are abysmally low) because it reduces the chances of getting good invitations.

Hey Dear Tiffany,

Thank you so much for the amazing reply. i have updated my profile & now i am hoping for the best.
Wishing you a very happy weekend ❤️

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members