🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am spending on buying connects and not gett...
Page options
f589ba15
Community Member

I am spending on buying connects and not getting any job.

Hey Upwork Community, 
I am using Upwork for two years and got hired only 5 times between February 2022 to April 2022. 
After April I am not getting any job while I am buying connects every week and spending on submitting proposals.
I did not lost hop but now it becomes loss of motivations because instead of earning I am spending.
Whenever a client post a job there are huge number of freelancers who are submitting proposals and within 10 mins no.of proposals goes beyond 20.
I have skills and competencies and worked for many companies outside Upwork.

I request Upwork community to guide me help me.
Regards
Muhammad Naeem

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Everything looks good on your profile except for your Job Success Score which needs a little improvement. I suggest that you continue applying for jobs and winning projects to get more feedback from clients and potentially increase your JSS. To read more on this, kindly check this article.

Please understand as well that getting invited to interviews and getting hired are all up to the clients. While we may not know their criteria for choosing whom to work with, it is best to focus on what you, as a freelancer, can control. You can tweak your profile, update your skills and make sure to keep your proposals brief as clients may not have time to read lengthy proposals if they're screening a lot of freelancers.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Everything looks good on your profile except for your Job Success Score which needs a little improvement. I suggest that you continue applying for jobs and winning projects to get more feedback from clients and potentially increase your JSS. To read more on this, kindly check this article.

Please understand as well that getting invited to interviews and getting hired are all up to the clients. While we may not know their criteria for choosing whom to work with, it is best to focus on what you, as a freelancer, can control. You can tweak your profile, update your skills and make sure to keep your proposals brief as clients may not have time to read lengthy proposals if they're screening a lot of freelancers.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie Jane for your valuable opinions.
The JSS on my profile is appeared after completion of my 5th and last job and that is 75% since it appeared.
I am trying to improve my JSS.

stky24
Community Member

This is also happening to me. It is so frustrating. I spend money on connects yet not achieving anything? 
Can you guys do something about it ?  

stky24
Community Member

Oh great, noone bother to response to me.

Sylvester T wrote:

Oh great, noone bother to response to me.

Maybe someone else will answer you, but we're just fellow trying to help the mass of people who ask, so...
I personally can't tell you much, just avoid very low budget jobs because it will look like you're a cheap newbie.
A part of the advice that Jeanne gave to OP is for you.
And if you want a profile review, there's a thread for that specifically.

glen-s
Community Member

It's a money making scheme for Upwork, so I can't see it changing any time soon unfortunately.

the3dguru
Community Member

One thing I would suggest is to apply for less projects, try to be more specfic, more precise. If you're going through all the free connects and then buying more then you must be applying for a lot of work. That doesn't work very well. The connect system is designed to discourage that and it seems to be working.

Try to apply for jobs that you have a better than averge chance of getting. If I client responds, Upwork gives you more connects, so you won't run out. By using this approach I have more connects than I can use and they have started expiring. I've never needed to pay for connects at all.

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. 

the-right-writer
Community Member

I have to disagree with the moderator. There are multiple grammar and punctuation errors in your introduction. If I was going to hire you and see you list English as fluent, it would give me pause. So, fix those errors and I would also add more to your portfolio.

Don't worry about the many applicants at the beginning because they are canned proposals that are always the same and not specific to the job. Most clients do not hire the first proposal to cross their computer just because they are first.

Only apply for jobs that require your skills. Look at the client's job history; how are they rated? How much do they pay on average? What kind of reviews are left for the freelancer? What kind of reviews are left for the client? Learn as much as you can about the job and client, and then craft your proposal to fit the need.

If you enjoy freelancing, then do all you can to make your profile and proposals professional. Good luck!

Thank you for your valuable opinions.
I revised and corrected mistakes in my profile.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members