🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I cant find my profile.
Page options
6378c584
Community Member

I cant find my profile.

HI 

I am unable to find my profile on upwork i created my profile about 2 months ago but since then I checked that even my profile has not been discovered a single time during two months. I then myself tried as a buyer to search my profile by main keywords and enabling filters even then I am unable to find my profile in top 15 pages . My profile setting is set to public and my profile is activated I am also not invited for identity verification till now even though my freinds were invited within a week of creating their profiles on upwork without any work experience. I am not getting any work because of this please anyone help me.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

How many pages came up in your search? Probably much more than 15 pages, right? I doubt it's a real problem to not be verified, it's not even a filter criteria when searching for freelancers. 

petra_r
Community Member

Syed Sadiq H wrote:

I am unable to find my profile on upwork i created my profile about 2 months ago but since then I checked that even my profile has not been discovered a single time during two months.

There are thousands upon thousands of freelancers in your category. Your chances of getting hired from a random invite after someone found you in searches are very, very close to nil. Realistically they ARE nil.

You'll have to send proposals like everyone else.

Syed Sadiq H wrote:

I am not getting any work because of this please anyone help me.

You're not getting any work because you are either not applying enough or, if you are applying, your proposals don't sell your skills well enough.

6378c584
Community Member

Hi 

Thankyou for your reply. I was told by my freind (who is working as a freelancer on upwork for more than a year) that if you are unverified freelancer you will be wasting your connects by sending proposals as their are many verified freelancers that will also be sending proposals beside you so your chance of getting work will be close to none can you guide me about this or do you have talked to anyone who did get work on upwork while he was an unverified freelancer.

I will be very thankfull for any help as currently i am not sending any proposals.

petra_r
Community Member

Syed Sadiq H wrote:

I was told by my freind (who is working as a freelancer on upwork for more than a year) that if you are unverified freelancer you will be wasting your connects by sending proposals

Your friend is telling you absolute and abject nonsense! Your "friend" is lying to you.

Syed Sadiq H wrote:

currently i am not sending any proposals.

... then you will not get hired.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members