🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have refunded client his money still he has...
Page options
sandipan_upwork
Community Member

I have refunded client his money still he has closed the contract with 1 star.

Hello Team,

To be very honest I really feel upset with this episode here. If you check my profile I got my first job awarded in Upwork and from day one I started feeling uncomfortable about the client's behavior. Still, I worked and tried to deliver but this client was completely indifferent in nature. He all of a sudden closed the contract stating that we didn't deliver him output as per his expectation. Where the nature of the work was never about meeting an expectation in a specific deadline as it was an R&D specific job. Now he closes the contract and raises a dispute for the 2nd-week payment. We as goodwill didn't stretch it and refunded him the amount, but later Upwork team reviewed the issue and resolved the dispute refunding us back the amount as Upwork found we earn it. Now, this client again raised a ticket and this time started claiming full refund money paid to us. We found it very disrespectful and confronted that we have already made a half refund which we rightfully earned and now how can he ask for a full refund. The upwork team intervened and tried to solve it and later closed the ticket. Now my question is he deliberately gave me a 1-star rating which is really depressing to me as this is my first job and I tried to deliver the client with complete honesty. Please help me out here as I am unable to accept this 1-star rating which I really don't deserve.

1 REPLY 1
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

You can respond to his feedback.  Use a very neutral tone, explain your differences clearly and calmly and then move on.  Future clients will be able to understand that he was unfair in his rating.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members