🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need Upwork's VAT ID for European Union
Page options
designmunich
Community Member

I need Upwork's VAT ID for European Union

I am desperately looking for Upwork's VAT ID for the European Union. The one Upwork is using on their invoices is NOT valid (EU528002406)!

Can soneone please give me a VALID VAT ID?

Thanks alot!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Samanta and others,

I'd like to confirm that Upwork's VAT number is EU528002406. Companies registered via the MOSS scheme receive a uniquely formatted VAT ID from the European tax authority, which is not verifiable in VIES. Here is the full information:

- International VAT number: EU528002406
- Name of the company: Upwork Global Inc.
- Address: 655 Montgomery St. Suite 490 Dept. 17022, San Francisco CA 94111-2676

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

158 REPLIES 158

Hi Rodrigo, and everyone else having this problem.

I'm a fellow EU freelancer and yes, the Upwork response has been of no help
whatsoever. No idea why they avoid giving the correct answer to this issue,
or why they insist on dealing with it case-by-case, instead of just posting
the solution somewhere...

But I've done some research and here is the answer: you don't need a
VIES-valid VAT number from Upwork, because they are NOT an EU-registered
company. If you look at the invoices that Upwork issues to you for their
fees, you will see that the company is registered in the US, so you just
fill in the US address in your paperwork and that's it. Of course, this
opens up another question about how you are registered to work in your
country and if you are allowed to charge non-EU companies, but that's your
individual situation.

To dispel the mystery surrounding their MOSS number: it is issued to non-EU
companies needing to charge customers from multiple EU countries - so you
and I, as freelancers, when Upwork charges their fees, or the clients who
are charged with our work via Upwork. The MOSS number cannot be used by us
to issue invoices to Upwork.

I hope this helps you and everyone else confused about this. Maybe someone
from Upwork will finally post this info somewhere, so we - and they - don't
need to go over and over about this as this thread becomes longer and
longer...

You are right Ioana,

the problem is not in Upwork, or Upwork Escrow.

The problem lies around laws and regulations among US, EU and single EU nations...online invoicing is quite a new and recent subject and hopefully governments and policies will all align within the next years...so that we can have EU as a nation...! at least on system lol

As of now, paper work is the way, as it has been for centuries

Hi, Andrea.

I would also need the VAT information for invoice created from Serbia. 

Thank you.

Hi Milica,

I would like to clarify that the VAT ID of Upwork is EU528002406. You may also want to consult a local tax advisor to help you with your tax concern.

~Andrea
Upwork
roberto_79
Community Member

I am looking for Upwork's VAT ID for the European Union. The one Upwork is using on their invoices is NOT valid (EU528002406)!

I am based in Italy

Can you help me please and give me a VALID VAT ID?

Thanks

Hi Roberto,

I would like to clarify that the VAT ID of Upwork is EU528002406. You may also want to consult a local tax advisor to help you with your tax concern.

~ Nikola
Upwork
anthony_stellas
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue as others. I am looking for Upwork's VAT ID for the European Union. The one Upwork is using on their invoices is NOT valid (EU528002406)!

Can someone please give me a VALID VAT ID?

Thank you.

Hi Antonis,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
lucafunari
Community Member

Hi, I am looking for Upwork's VAT ID for the European Union. The EU528002406 number is NOT valid.

Can someone please give me a VALID VAT ID?

Thank you.

Hi Luca,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
fe8a2e67
Community Member

This is very confusing. Could you please help me with the correct VAT number? Thank you. I also need to know which EU-country Upwork is registered in.

Hi Camilla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d84e7073
Community Member

Hello, i ve my national VAT (greece) but it's not accepted... What should i do?

Hi Maria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mariusparasca
Community Member

Hi, I do have some questions as well about Upwork EU VAT. Can somebody open a ticket for me as well, please?

Hi Marius,

~ Nikola
Upwork
sara_masperi
Community Member

Hi,

I would also like to have a valid VIES Upwork VAT ID for the EU.

The one that's on the invoices (EU528002406) can't be validated by VIES and in my country (Italy) the invoice system doesn't recognize it.

Can someone help me giving me a valid number?

Thanks

Hi Sara,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
dariobongiovanni
Community Member

Hi all,

I received two payments from Upwork, now I need to find Upwork's VAT number in order to issue the invoice for my country (Italy). Can you please send me Upwork's VAT number? I can't find any way to open a ticket, I just see a chatbot that doesn't help me. Thanks

Hi Dario,

~ Nikola
Upwork
luisa-mercier
Community Member

Hello

same problem. I am Italian and I need a valid VAT number for my electronical invoicing as requested by my accountant.

Where can I find one?

Thanks

Hi Luisa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
dariobongiovanni
Community Member

Hi Annie Jane,

can you answer me too?

Thanks

3198f38c
Community Member

Can you write me a valid EU VAT number of Upwork? Thanks.

Hi Karina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Here is the VAT ID of Upwork: EU528002406.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

Sorry, but this VAT ID EU528002406 isn't valid and I can't save it in my
accounting programs. Please send me valid VAT ID number or give back all
the tax you charge me and don't charge me in the future if you can't
send me a valid number. With American companies I'm not charged with tax
and I don't add tax to my invoices with them.

Wait for your answer,

Hi Karina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
426300d0
Community Member

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify If you experience an issue with the VAT number? If so, here is the VAT ID of Upwork: EU528002406.

~ Nikola
Upwork
palepumpkin
Community Member

i got a call from the bank 3 days ago, they are witholding payments. Noone answered my support ticket and I also need a valid VAT for EU because I can't make an invoice

Hi Evdoxia,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your fund withdrawal. Here is the VAT ID of Upwork: EU528002406. I will follow up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d84e81ee
Community Member

Hi Evdoxia,

The VAT ID (EU528002406) you are providing with every answer isn't valid. Can we finally get the valid VAT ID?
Because this thread has numerous responses and none of it is helpful. 

Happy Monday!

Samanta and others,

I'd like to confirm that Upwork's VAT number is EU528002406. Companies registered via the MOSS scheme receive a uniquely formatted VAT ID from the European tax authority, which is not verifiable in VIES. Here is the full information:

- Address: 655 Montgomery St. Suite 490 Dept. 17022, San Francisco CA 94111-2676

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria,

I am trying to pass an approval stage for this VAT and no progress. Could you please assist me in this question?

Thanks in advance

79707540_0-1678452034268.png

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Valeria, 

I am looking for Upwork's VAT ID for the European Union, as this one is not valid EU528002406, and also the address for Upwork EU.

Can you help me?

Hi Dimitra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

EU528002406 i  see this is your id, but not see in which country it's registered in Europe. Local IRS is asking me that?

H

I'd like to confirm that Upwork's VAT number is EU528002406. Companies registered via the MOSS scheme receive an uniquely formatted VAT ID from the European tax authority, which is not verifiable in VIES. Here is full information:

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Valeria, 

my VAT tax authority is looking for a Proof of registration that Upwork is registered in the US or EU.

I am based in Europe but in a non-EU country.

Where can I get that form please?

Thank you.

Admir 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members