🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why I can't download a ZIP file?
Page options
m_terrazas
Community Member

Why I can't download a ZIP file?

Hi,

This is not the first time it has happened to me.

I try to download an attached file to a project, it is in RAR format, and what I get is a warning:
"It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support."

If certain file formats are considered "suspicious", why are clients not advised of it and are they recommended to share them in another way or from another location?

Now I have to wait for a solution to be able to see the files and make a proposal.
Frankly, I do not understand.

20 REPLIES 20
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

I'm sorry about the difficulties you're having with accessing the attached file in question. I'll ask our team to check the file and share it with you directly, so you can proceed with reviewing this job..

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks.

I've sent you a message with the job link.

María

Hi Vladimir,

I am facing the same issue. I tried to invite developers to solve some problems with my project.

I compressed the project into zip file and uploaded. I got feedback from an invited developer that it is not possible to download the file due to security measures b y the website.

My account name is Osamah Almogahed.

Kind regards,

Osamah Almogahed

Hello Osamah,

I'll have one of our team representatives get in touch with you to assist you with your concern. Thank you!

Untitled

i am having the same issue.  I am being unable to download the .zip file attached by the client.

please help.

You need to PM one of the CS people. Check who is writing in other threads and send them a message with a link to the job.

Hi Sujan,

We have one of our team members reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kbaghyan
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support Team,

Have same problem - can't download project files...

Please contacting me for job link.

Thanks,

Karen.

Hi Karen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing trouble downloading files. One of our customer support members will reach out to you via email to assist you directly. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kbaghyan
Community Member

Thank You Joanne.

Hi Vladimir G, 

I am also having the same issue mentioned above. Please help me to resolve it.

Hi Raveen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d178b679
Community Member

Hello, 

I am having the same issue wit my developer. I cannot download the zip file he is providing me

re: "I am having the same issue wit my developer. I cannot download the zip file he is providing me"

I don't have any problems at all. And YOU won't have problems at all if you simply use a dedicated file transfer tool. Don't try to use Upwork for this.

Instead, use

FTP

SFTP

email

Dropbox

Goodle Drive

Microsoft One Drive

iDrive

iCloud

WeTransfer

etc.

You seem to have missed that the OP is about communication prior to a proposal, when the interview process/message room is the only means of communication allowed.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter, 

It looks like you were able to sort this with your freelancer. It would be best to follow the tips shared by Preston as these are great alternatives for project submission. Since this is a fixed-price contract, you can release the payment to your freelancer once they have submited the work output according to the terms of your contract.

As a best practice, it would be best if freelancers submit the completed project through the milestone submission system. Here's more information on how you can pay for fixed-priced projects and stay payment protected on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, unable to download the .zip file sent by the client in the chat room.

Hi Muhammad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. 

~Andrea
Upwork
51d186d8
Community Member

Hi I am also having the same issue how is this a thing on your website

Hi Miles,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members