🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I still fear thinking that what will happen w...
Page options
wm27
Community Member

I still fear thinking that what will happen with my upwork account?

A few years ago, I unwillingly clicked “close my account” option under the contact info (Settings > Contact Info >; please check out the screenshot in the attachment), then I got the following message:

When your account clears/meets the following requirements, your account will be automatically closed:

-You must first close all contracts

- You must first withdraw all proposals

- And ensure all payments have been received and withdrawn

So, In a word, before you close your account you must clear any outstanding open, active, or pending activity on your upwork account.

Please, help me out to solve the mentioned issues above.

Note: I want to work continuously here on upwork, but the above-mentioned issues make me always worried about my account. So, please help me.

Thanks

Waled

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Md.Waled B wrote:

I was totally newbie and did that mistake unwillingly. I created the account for a long time income source, but not for closing or deleting sense in mind. And would like to work continuously

Then simply don't click the "close my account" button.

Problem solved.

Surely you are not afraid many years after clicking a button? Your account won't suddenly vanish now, years after you accidentally (!?) clicked on something.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Md.Waled B wrote:

Note: I want to work continuously here on upwork, but the above-mentioned issues make me always worried about my account. So, please help me.

How about you simply don't click on "Close my account" then? That might be an idea, no?

Petra R wrote:

Md.Waled B wrote:

How about you simply don't click on "Close my account" then? That might be an idea, no?

I think he's saying that he already clicked that button long ago, and has never "cleared" his account, but is concerned that the automatic closure is still pending.

Tiffany S wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Md.Waled B wrote:

I think he's saying that he already clicked that button long ago, and has never "cleared" his account, but is concerned that the automatic closure is still pending.

Ah...

lol.

Well, it isn't.

The things people choose to worry about on a Monday morning...

wm27
Community Member

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks a lot for your good understanding.

You got what exactly I was trying to say in my issues mentioned above. Literally, when I did that mistake here on ODesk (now it is upwork), I was totally newbie and did that mistake unwillingly. I created the account for a long time income source, but not for closing or deleting sense in mind. And would like to work continuously

petra_r
Community Member

Md.Waled B wrote:

I was totally newbie and did that mistake unwillingly. I created the account for a long time income source, but not for closing or deleting sense in mind. And would like to work continuously

Then simply don't click the "close my account" button.

Problem solved.

Surely you are not afraid many years after clicking a button? Your account won't suddenly vanish now, years after you accidentally (!?) clicked on something.

wm27
Community Member

Hi Petra, Thanks for letting me know your valuable thoughts this time, and now I got the right information that I was looking for. Thanks again Waled
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members