🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I've been Top Rated for a month, why are the ...
Page options
studiovela
Community Member

I've been Top Rated for a month, why are the weeks not changing

I've gone back to sitting at a 90% Top Rated status for a month now (from 88% before) and the Top Rated weeks went from sitting at 5 weeks last month to 4 weeks all this month. Wouldn't that change at lease one week to start adding up again?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

I am happy to let you know that the specific issue that was causing discrepancies with Top Rated eligible weeks discussed on this thread has been fixed. We will be closing this thread from further replies. 

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

480 REPLIES 480

My job score is 97% for 12 weeks in 16 weeks and it's been like this for more than a month now but nothing changed yet and I don't get the top-rated badge. Can anyone help me understand?

Hi Cynthia,

This is likely happening because you have non-eligible weeks amongst the ones that are considered for the calculation. Please note that in order for the eligible weeks to increase, you would have to meet the eligibility requirements each new week while non-eligible weeks fall off the calculation. Please check the 'Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks' section of this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

My JSS is 90%(minimum required for Top rated) but Top rated Eligible weeks are still 10 even after 5 weeks. Eveything else is fine

Hi Ghulam,

To add eligible weeks you need to get your JSS above 90% and keep it there long enough for the ineligible weeks to start falling out of the 16-week window.  You have to look at the eligibility weeks as a rolling 16-week window. Please check the graph included in this help article and refer to the information shared in the Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks section.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey everyone, 

I'm keeping an eye on my Top Rated eligible weeks bar daily, and it goes from zero to 12 elligble weeks-non stop- and get stucked in 12 for nearly 2 months now. someone has an idea ? 

Thank you 

Hamza M wrote:

I'm keeping an eye on my Top Rated eligible weeks bar daily, and it goes from zero to 12 elligble weeks-non stop- and get stucked in 12 for nearly 2 months now. someone has an idea ? 

Yep. Did you drop below 90% for 4 weeks at some point? If so, basically you have 4 non-eligible weeks in your 16 week window. They are making their way from when the first one of them appeared through the 16 week window, until they start falling out the other end of the window. Until that happens and the first non-eligible week falls out, you're stuck on 12 because whilst you add an eligible (green in the graphic below) week to your window every week, an eligible week also falls out.

eligible.jpg

Thank you for the answer, from your experience how many weeks do I need to get ride of non eligibles weeks ?

Thank you again !

Hello there, I have checked the help article and I couldn't find anything that might be a reason for the pause that happened this week to my eligible weeks' counter.

Since the day I got my JSS, it never dropped from 100%, this means that I don't have any non-eligible weeks since the counter started.

My eligible weeks' counter is 12/16, it should be updated this week to be 13/16, but it didn't. I am wondering why this happened.

-Does it need some time to be updated or if it was to be updated it should have been yesterday?

-Is there any other reason that I don't know?

**These two images prove that this week is the 13th week [one was taken on 5/12 with 10 weeks and the other one was taken today with 12 weeks!]** 

5-12-2020.JPG

27-12-2020.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Youssef B wrote:

My eligible weeks' counter is 12/16, it should be updated this week to be 13/16, but it didn't. I am wondering why this happened.

-Does it need some time to be updated or if it was to be updated it should have been yesterday?

-Is there any other reason that I don't know?

**These two images prove that this week is the 13th week [one was taken on 5/12 with 10 weeks and the other one was taken today with 12 weeks!]**.

The eligible weeks don't update on Sundays.

The first screenshot you posted can't POSSIBLY have been taken on the 5th of December, it will have been taken on the 7th.

Simply wait a couple of days.

Thank you for replying Petra, I read that the eligible weeks are updated each Saturday.

Do you mean that the eligible weeks might be updated by Monday for example? Or should I wait till the next week?

I hope someone from the Community members/ Support could share his/her thoughts with me about the reason why this happened.

Hi Youssef,

*Edited* 

The Top Rated eligible weeks typically updates between Sunday to Monday, which is why you are still seeing it was last updated on Dec 20th *on Saturdays*. Please check back during the day on Monday to see if has updated and if you continue to meet the criteria, the number of weeks should've increased. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Luiggi R wrote:

Hi Youssef,

The Top Rated eligible weeks typically updates between Sunday to Monday, which is why you are still seeing it was last updated on Dec 20th.

The "last updated on the 20th" is only for the JSS.

Hi! My name is Guido Donato. 

Last week I had 12/16 top rated elegible weeks, my JSS didn´t change for a long a time (more than 90%) but after the last update I still have 12/16. 

I don´t understand how it works. In fact I think that two weeks ago I had 12/16 too and like I said my JSS has been more than 90% since two mounth at least. 

Thank you!
Guido

Hi Guido, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your Top Rated Eligible Weeks are correct. In order for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements. If an eligible week falls off of the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi All.

I am just wondering about my top rated eligible weeks counting.

It's currently 10 now and it is stopped for over 5 weeks even though my jss is 97%.

My jss was under 90% for a couple of weeks before and I thought the eligible weeks would stopped for 3 weeks. But now it's over 5 weeks.

Would anyone check about this status please?

petra_r
Community Member

Dimitar R wrote:

I am just wondering about my top rated eligible weeks counting.

It's currently 10 now and it is stopped for over 5 weeks even though my jss is 97%.

That means you have 6 neligible weeks in your 16 week window, and those need to "travel" through your 16 week window before they start falling out. That takes weeks. Once the first of those non-eligible weeks has fallen out of the 16 week window, the number will start going up.

Hi Petra
I have 13 out of 16 eligible weeks for Top Rated. More than 1000$+ earnings in previous 12 months. 100% profile completion and no recent account holds. I completed my 13 weeks today. Can you please have a look at my account and tell me when will i get the badge as i have completed all the requirements.
Thanks.
Regards

Umer H wrote:
when will i get the badge as i have completed all the requirements.

Give it a couple of days.

Hi, I got the Top Rated Badge but i also complete requirments for Top Rated Plus with a large contracts of more than 5000$ in ma category, 10000$+ earning in 12 months, 100 % profile completion no recent account holds.

When will i get the badge can you please check my profile and let me know ? do i need to wait for another 13 weeks ?

JSS.PNG

Hi Atal,

It looks like you're well on your way to become Top Rated! 

Please know, you need to maintain a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks, in order to become Top Rated. You can check out this help article to learn more about the requirements.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
atalc
Community Member

Thank you

My Top Rated eleigble weeks updated on 24 Jan and i got 12 weeks eligbility and today after 2 weeks its updated again and the weeks still same (12) why is it not updated??

You must have 13 weeks out of the most recent 16 weeks. So, the 16-week period from which your performance is assessed is constantly changing. 

but it wont change as it show 12 weeks on 24th January and now after 14 days its still show 12 weeks

JSS.png

I am not sure, why my Top Rated Eligible Weeks are not changing? Please help me. 

petra_r
Community Member

Hardik R wrote:

I am not sure, why my Top Rated Eligible Weeks are not changing? Please help me. 

You need to have a Job Success Score of 90% or better for a week to count as an eligible week. You don't have a Job Success Score at all, so no weeks an count as eligible.

Hello,

Please I will like to know when my Top Rated Eligibility week starts to count, so that I can track when the 16th week is going to end. Also, to know if I'm still in the 13 weeks eligibility range, because I had a job success score less than 90% of recent.

Thanks

Hammed O wrote:

Hello,

Please I will like to know when my Top Rated Eligibility week starts to count, so that I can track when the 16th week is going to end. 

You can see how many eligible weeks yoou currently have on your "My Stats Page"

Hammed O wrote:

Also, to know if I'm still in the 13 weeks eligibility range, because I had a job success score less than 90% of recent.

It depends on how many eligible weeks you had before you dropped below 90%. Your JSS is still below 90%, so every week that goes by with your JSS below 90% results in your eligible weeks dropping by 1. Those non-eligible weeks then have to work their way all the way through the 16 week window and beginn to fall out the other end.

Thanks for the response.

Is it that the 16 weeks does not expire or have time limit. It's any period that I'm able to attain it that I will get the Top-Rated badge?

If the 16 weeks does have a timeframe, can I know or track the exact date when the 16 weeks time-frame is going to end please?

Hammed O wrote:

If the 16 weeks does have a timeframe, can I know or track the exact date when the 16 weeks time-frame is going to end please?

It never ends. It is a rolling window, so it is always the last (previous) 16 weeks. But to get to top rated, you first have to get your JSS above 90% again, because every week you are below 90%, adds one non-eligible week to your 16 week window.

Hello, I just would like to know my JSS Score not updated after two weeks. I have completed two more jobs with Five star rating.  What should am I suppose to do now? Thank you.

When you say it hasn't updated, do you mean that when you visit your "My Stats" page it doesn't say "updated February 7" like everyone else's? Or just that the number didn't change?

Hi People!

I have been there on Upwork since July 2020 and in December I canceled my one and only job costs 50$ after 14 successful Jobs, and my JSS dropped from 96% to 82% and after that, I managed to win jobs with good feedbacks, now completed 26 Jobs successfully, and since 4 months my JSS again increased to 92% but my Top-Rated Eligible Weeks are stuck at 3 weeks since 4 months and not increased yet. However, my earnings are more than 2K and also fulfilled every single requirement for Top Rated Badge.

Thanks!!!

Musharaf A wrote:

now completed 26 Jobs successfully, and since 4 months my JSS again increased to 92% but my Top-Rated Eligible Weeks are stuck at 3 weeks since 4 months and not increased yet.

No. Your JSS went below 90% in December, and it took some time for it get back above 90%. Altgether, you have 13 non-eligible weeks in your 16 week window (from the time you didn't have a JSS and the time your JSS was below 90%) - Those 10 non-eligible weeks need to fall out of your 16 week window, and then the number of eligible weeks will start to increase. Once it starts to increase, if you stay above 90%, you become eligible for top rated 9 weeks later.

Hi, From the last four weeks my Top-rated eligible weeks didn't move forward. It stuck at "8 of 16". Please let me know about this and why it happens?

Hi Novjot,

That's because your Job Success Score (JSS) / Clients who would recommend you is below 90%.

Top-Rated Eligible weeks is meant to show the number of weeks that you managed to keep your JSS above 90%.

I hope this helps.

Hello Every one..!

Why my top rated elegable week in count in opposite direction..?

I meam Top Rated eligible weeks was 16 but after 2 weeks it should be 14 of 16, again after 2 weeks it should be 12 of 16. again after 2 weeks it should be 10 of 16........ like that..

But in my case it was not happen such as..

It was like, after 2 weeks it was 14 of 16, again after 2 weeks it was 12 of 16 but AGAIN AFTER 2 WEEKS IT WAS 13 OF 16...

I don't know why this happaning...

I have also attached one image please check it..

And please give me correct answer why this happaning..

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members