🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
58feaef8
Community Member

Thank you so much, dear Luiggi. For some reason Upwork just notified me of your message. Sorry for the belated "Thank you!"

d10875ac
Community Member

I can post a picture of myself and my ID if that would help. When I first verified it, it said my account was good, but then when I tried to submit a proposal for a job, it wanted me to verify my ID again right after and wouldn't let me try to verify it. It said I used too many tries and I would need to contact customer support. I haven't gotten an email from Upwork either. 

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
nysujan1
Community Member

Hi, I am unable to upload my ID. Please help. Thanks.

Hi Sujan,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
3435f905
Community Member

Hi Eyob,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
0edf2eb7
Community Member

Have a nice day, everyone! Such a problem. I started to go through the identification of the person. More than a day has passed, and there is still no confirmation. Should I worry? What should I do in such a situation?

Hi Anton,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your case. If your verification status does not get updated in 48 hours please let us know and we will assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
82efcc5a
Community Member

I need help, I can't find an Identity verification option in the profile settings. what is problem 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Member

Ikram A wrote:

I need help, I can't find an Identity verification option in the profile settings. 

That's because there isn't one.

Unless you have been requested to verify your ID, you can't.

6c2ffc63
Community Member

how to verify my profile

Hi Arnab,

Once you're required to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly. At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ashen-silva
Community Member

My National ID card has two sides. Can I upload two images?

Hi Ashen,

At the moment, you will be able to upload only one side of your ID. If any issues arise, our team will reach out to you directly and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ashen-silva
Community Member

Thank you for your reply!

graphicdesigner_
Community Member

Hello,

I have been on upwork around 2012 and did many projects and have just come back, it's asking me to do ID verification, I uploaded my Indian Tax ID (pan card) and a selfie but now to the PAN card it has come back saying 'We’re unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later.' I only have until tomorrow before my account is frozen, can anyone from upwork team help? Thanks Chintan

r-kimberly
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork as of this past Sunday.   I created my profile, submitted a few proposals and have already received an offer for a freelance job.   However, the person hiring me has messaged me this: 

The only issue we have is you aren’t verified here on Upwork, so we can’t verify your credentials. Can you get verified and we can move from there?

I have not received any request from Upwork to verify my identity.  I've looked in my user settings to see if I can verify on my own and that link does not exist in my settings.    If I go to an article and try to click on a link from there it simply says the page does not exist. 

I'm nervous that if I don't resolve this ASAP, I'm going to lose the job offer.  I've tried to connect with someone through support but no one has contacted me.   Has anyone run into similar issues?

There is the same situation with me similar to your id verification it has been up to four business days and still my id is in review, how may know how long it is going to take from the Upwork verification process!

Although my selfie has been approved but my id verification is stuck and I don't know how do I solve my issue or hear from any higher authorities.

My Upwork ID verification has not been approved its up to 4 business days since I had submitted my Id and my live picture for the verification process 

right now my picture is approved but my id has not been verified still.

and there was an article that if the id is not verified then my account will be on hold from Upwork.

How to deal with this and how to solve the issue without holding my account.

I had not heard from Upwork or got any Email about my id verification and today is the last date shown on my profile to submit my id even though there is no option to submit my id again in case the previous one got rejected or had some issue!

Kindly provide me with some details or solve my issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
r-kimberly
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork as of this past Sunday.   I created my profile, submitted a few proposals and have already received an offer for a freelance job.   However, the person hiring me has messaged me this: 

The only issue we have is you aren’t verified here on Upwork, so we can’t verify your credentials. Can you get verified and we can move from there?

I have not received any request from Upwork to verify my identity.  I've looked in my user settings to see if I can verify on my own and that link does not exist in my settings.    If I go to an article and try to click on a link from there it simply says the page does not exist. 

I'm nervous that if I don't resolve this ASAP, I'm going to lose the job offer.  I've tried to connect with someone through support but no one has contacted me.   Has anyone run into similar issues?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kimberly,

Once we notify you that you are eligible or required to earn the badge, you will be able to access the Identity Verification tab in your Settings and complete the two stages of this process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,  

Thanks for the response, but this still isn't making sense.  Am I not supposed to send out proposals until I'm eligible to have my credentials verified?  

I created my profile on Sunday and sent a proposal right away.  I  received a job offer on Tuesday but the client stated that he can't move forward with me until my credentials are verified.    If I don't get my credentials verified soon I will lose the job offer.     

I'm confused.  Can we not send proposals or accept work until our credentials are verified?   

Thanks,

Kimberly

Hi Kimberly,

Please know that if you are required, you will be notified to complete the verification process. It seems like you are not yet required to complete this step. Please check the links that Bojan shared with you for additional information about the ID-verified badge. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
graphicdesigner_
Community Member

Hello,

I have been on upwork around 2012 and did many projects and have just come back, it's asking me to do ID verification, I uploaded my Indian Tax ID (pan card) and a selfie but now to the PAN card it has come back saying 'We’re unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later.' I only have until tomorrow before my account is frozen, can anyone from upwork team help? Thanks Chintan

Thank you for reaching out to us, Chintan.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aishehmarini91
Community Member

Hello! I am trying to submit proposals but this message pops up, "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support." 

I can't find a way to upload my id to be verfied. Any solutions? I'm trying to look for a number to call but i cant find a way to talk to anyone.

Hi Aisheh,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents to reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
8040dff9
Community Member

what should I do for ID card verification badge

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bengisu, 

It looks like Bojan responded to you on your post the other day. You should be notified through your account once you are eligible to complete the ID Verification Badge verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sebastianfm
Community Member

Hello,

Can somebody help me, I am trying to verify my identity with my ID, but when I click the button Get Started it shows the wrong name and it doesn’t let me change it, please anyone from admin kindly correct that information if you can.

Hi Sebastian,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d721c548
Community Member

It's been more than 12 hours my identity is not being verified yet. How much longer it takes for verification of an identity. Please respond. 

Hi Mateen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like our team is already reviewing your verification. Please know that it can take up to 1 business day for a review to be completed. Let us know if you do not get an update regarding your verification by Monday and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
hafsaateeq
Community Member

Hi, I need help in regard of account verification. As I have already verified after my first job completed successfully. But I have added someone else master card details(for which I have permission to use) in billing method before when I created account, now upwork want me to verify that account? I am worried if I verify this identity which is not my own, how will it effect my account? Please help me in this regard.

Thank you

Hi Hafsa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5a9ac0c1
Community Member

can you help me to verify the data, I've input the data using the ID card from Friday, but the status is still reviewing until today Monday, because it's still a review I re-uploaded it using a driver license.

is there any solution for this problem? Please help...

Hi Muhammad,

Please see the Document requirement https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000563227-Government-ID-Verification 

And then fill out accordingly to this requirement.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

I apologize for the delay as we had to look into this and check with another team. Please know that your ID submission has been accepted, and you now have the ID Verification Badge on your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members