🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » If a client ends a contract, can he/she start...
Page options
753a33f7
Community Member

If a client ends a contract, can he/she start a new, similar one immediately?

I'm trying to see if a client can give me a feedback review, I am a freelancer.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/No-feedback-for-30-days/m-p/859210

I see here that is the problem, I just messaged my client and sent her those links.

Will everything be ok if she ends and then a starts a new similar contract? In regards to the Upwork platform and policies.

The job is me writing 1000 word articles, she sends me new ones all the time but uses the same contract and adds new milestones for the new articles.

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for your message. Yes, the Client can initiate a new contract immediately after closing the previous one. The Community post shared on this thread is related to feedback on an active contract. As seen on the attached screenshot, you can request feedback only after 30 days on an active contract.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

Since i did not know that, and i 've finished the jobs successfully i ended the contracts as a freelancer. Is that a problem? i 've provided the feedbacks as well. 

It's not a problem if the client leaves feedback afterwards. It's a problem if no client does it, because you will never get a JSS.

So, in your opinion, Is it better to leave the contracts open if the client don't close it?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

It would not ask the client to end a contract and immediately open another one. It's more work for the client with absolutely no benefit to him/her. 

spectralua
Community Member

Client can start many contracts at same time, without closing prev one. For example separate contract for each task. It is not a problem at all if client able to manage lot of it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members