🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Income/paid invoice report for taxes
Page options
d83ee204
Community Member

Income/paid invoice report for taxes

I made less than the $20,000 to receive a 1099-K, so I have to report my own earnings. Can someone tell me if there is a report that shows paid invoices? What I find is a document with everything in it, including Connects. Is this the only report offered?

6 REPLIES 6
patchworksvideo
Community Member

Hi Lesa! Glad to see you have a good understanding of how 1099-K works for 2022, and realizing that you won't be receiving one. But what about that information that you seek?

How to get that info? It's described here:

Between those, you'll be able to gather the data that you need: your income from Upwork, as well as any expenses you accumulated.

From there, of course, discuss with a tax professional or with your tax software's help section about whether you meet reporting thresholds for self-employment at all, taking into consideration total activity both on and off Upwork. Or, whether your activity is a business or a hobby. Those are questions for your tax professional and/or for yourself to consider.

All that aside, the information you seek is in the links above!

759e32fa

Hi Lesa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We mail your 1099-K form by January 31st each year for the previous year’s payments. For example, you should receive your 2022 1099-K in January or February of 2023. 

You’ll need to make sure that your tax address is up to date and that you have completed a W-9 with a valid Tax Identification Number (SSN, EIN, or ITIN). You can update this information in Settings › Tax Information.

You may check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ - just to reconfirm, Lesa says she did NOT earn $20,000 or more. Therefore, she should not expect a 1099-K for 2022. Correct? Her question is about where to find the relevant information for someone who will not receive a 1099-K.

Hi John,

You're correct! As Annie Jane mentioned, she will only receive Form 1099-K if she received at least $20,000 in payments from your clients on Upwork in 2022 which included 200 or more transactions. If she reaches this amount, she will receive a Form 1099-K from Upwork in 2023 for her 2022 transactions. We highly suggest you review the help article Annie Jane shared above to learn more about the process. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Yup! Just wanted to make sure Lesa was getting good info. Thank you for confirming.

d83ee204
Community Member

Thanks, everyone. This is very helpful!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members