🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than a...
Page options
canavarvasfi
Community Member

Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country.

Hi. I have an error in my payment method. "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country."

https://www.xe.com/ibancalculator/sample/?ibancountry=turkey This is Turkey's IBAN format. I do the same thing but still getting error. How can I fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I found the problem. It's about the swift code. My bank's swift code seems TGBATRISXXX. When I delete the last 3 character(xxx) it works. Try this.

View solution in original post

91 REPLIES 91

Hi Han,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

I have the same problem saying I have an invalid IBAN number, but my IBAN is correct 

Hi Seher,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
d9a4cf76
Community Member

Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country.

Hi Kenza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

It is already solved you can close that reqies7
d9a4cf76
Community Member

Plese reply fast

dbd0a8e1
Community Member

Hi, I'm new here, but I have a problem with the get paid section when I write my IBAN number I get a warning message (Invalid IBAN Number)while that is true

Hi Fari,

I am sorry to hear about the issue while adding a payment method. Could you please contact your bank to verify the IBAN number? Once done, please try adding the IBAN number again without space.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
83cdb938
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to add my bank information to the platform but I get an error says "Invalid IBAN number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country."

I tried to erase last three characters of swift code of my bank but it did not help. How may I proceed?

Thanks.

Cem

Edit: Soved; there shouldn't be spaces between characters. I can't delete my post, so updated in that way.

Thanks.

Hi Cem,

With regards to IBAN, if the error is invalid, we suggest contacting the bank directly to confirm the IBAN number that you have as well as the format to ensure that the details you enter are correct. If the Swift code or the IBAN of your bank account is not accepted by the system, it means that your bank is not part of our payment partners for your country.

However, most of the time, the reason why the IBAN is not accepted is that it was entered in the wrong format.  Please try to enter and re-enter your IBAN all in capital letters without any spaces in between and see if that helps.

Once you have the correct bank information, you can proceed to add your payment method. You may also try to add different payment methods available to your account. 

~ AJ
Upwork
ed4162cf
Community Member

This is a security problem, and to overcome it, you must have a secure sl server program
Also, because each country has a different level of safety than others
Maged
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members