🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invitation after applying to a job
Page options
9e9e4a90
Community Member

Invitation after applying to a job

I'm seeing a trend nowadays on UpWork. I don't know if it is happening to everyone or not. Here is the scenario. 

Seeing a job post and carefully checking if the client has invited anyone or not, I apply for that particular job. After applying for the job, I can see there are no invitations initiated by the client. Everything goes well, therefore. But after some hours, I see that particular client invited one freelancer, that freelancer accepted the invitation and they are in a conversation. 

I don't know what is happening there. Is UpWork hiding that invitation initiated by the client to place bids from 50+ freelancers and waste their valuable connects or it is the client who invited a freelance by his/her own will? I'm not sure at all! Do you guys are having this kind of issue? Is it a hide & seek game they are playing with us? 6-7 of my last applied job had the same case. 

1 REPLY 1
m_terrazas
Community Member

I don't see anything strange.
The client publishes a job, there are proposals that will increase over time. In addition to the announcement, the client has reviewed freelancers who could do the job and decides to invite one. Freelancer accepts and they have an interview.
It is the most normal, nothing to be surprised or for creating a conspiracy story.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members